UAC PREFERENCES HELP Pathways to Med goodkarmaforu (1 Viewer)

HSC
UAC.png
After my first two preferences I'm stuck, I know that UWS has a few places available for transfer into Medicine in both their B of Medical Science (Advanced) and B of Advanced Science, however I feel like if I'm not one of those few who are able to transfer then I'm stuck at a uni I really didn't want to go to unless it was for med.
If I don't get into the limited transfer spots available for Med Science in either, UNSW and UWS into Medicine I'm aiming for Graduate Medicine at USYD. So with that in mind, should I move UWS of UTS Med Science to third preference. Here are the ATARs for the courses listed above, in order:
1. 95.10 2. 92.05 3. 95.00 4. 90.10 5. 91.10 6. 88.00 7. 82.00 8. 82.10 9. 82.15
Thanks

Alkanes

HSC
Doesn't matter right now. Just finish your application because you can change your preferences any time.

HSC
so put UWS third...
I don't understand how this whole Med Science to Medicine shit works.

HSC
Sigh, so I'm going to put UNSW and UWS hoping that I'll be good enough to be one of the few in the Med Science stream offered an interview, seems so very hopeless

H

hobozforlife

This is the start of your journey, you gotta do something you never did to get something you never had :D
YOU CAN DO IT!!

H

hobozforlife

I prefer get into either Uni of newcastle or UWS..u gna hv competitions everywhere if ur considering med.
However the level of competition in those uni's is lesser compared to UNSW or USYD.

HSC
besides the whole scholarships thing, does it really matter what order they are in?

HSC
not really, but you'd be better off having the higher atars at the top to your list.

Get into unsw med science, and you'll meet plenty of people from james ruse and baulko... it's quite fun.
that doesn't sound fun! are you being sarcastic haha

HSC
half-sarcastic.

The competition is tense I don't actually get that tense feeling (I usually forget about the lateral entry into medicine unsw). Rather, it I feels comforted since I know that I'll study and struggle alongside with people with the same aspirations as me.
Idk I've never been like that. It always feels like competition to me.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Do not underestimate UWS... it is not necessarily easier to get higher marks here.

EDIT:

OP, consider the duration of the degrees in your list. You'd want to make it into medicine as soon as possible.
I came first in my school for chemistry by a fair bit in the externals.

And my friend who got ~86 in HSC chem got ~92 in UWS Chem 1A (or whatever it is).
I got ~90 in HSC chem and got 66 in CHEM1901.

So, I think it's easier babz.

Also, they don't bellcurve I don't think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)