Uac Preferences (1 Viewer)

hi, about the 9 uni course choices u submit to the uac, are you able to choose the course u wish to take, even if u get accepted in your first preference, but u decide on a different course. so do u have to take ur first preference if u r successful for it, or can u choose one of ur lesser choices which require a uai which u have achieved?

HSC
of course, it works basically like you are given a invitation to join the certain uni, it can be for all 9 courses and you decide it

heidi_kak

HSC
you only receive an offer to a maximum of one hecs and one fee course per round. and you can't get into anything you didn't get an offer to
eg. if you had a uai of 100 and put ur prefs as
1. law @ usyd 99.6
2. arts @ uws 70.00

and you get an offer to 1. and then you change your mind and decide you really want to do 2. instead. but you can't (in that round anyway) cos u only get an offer to the highest course which u meet the uai requirements for.

you can change your preference order for later rounds but its much less likely that yo u will get in, even iff your uai met the original cutoff.

this is why you should put your preferences in order of what you want to do, not in order of uai cutoff.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
heidi_kak said:
you only receive an offer to a maximum of one hecs and one fee course per round. and you can't get into anything you didn't get an offer to
eg. if you had a uai of 100 and put ur prefs as
1. law @ usyd 99.6
2. arts @ uws 70.00

and you get an offer to 1. and then you change your mind and decide you really want to do 2. instead. but you can't (in that round anyway) cos u only get an offer to the highest course which u meet the uai requirements for.

you can change your preference order for later rounds but its much less likely that yo u will get in, even iff your uai met the original cutoff.

this is why you should put your preferences in order of what you want to do, not in order of uai cutoff.
listen to this genius.

they've saved me from typing all that.

Casmira said:
of course, it works basically like you are given a invitation to join the certain uni, it can be for all 9 courses and you decide it
so wat casmira is saying is wrong? or do u mean ur only able to accept one invitation? so lets say u have uai for all ur course preferences, u could accept ur 2nd choice if u decide not to take ur first. or do they only send u an invitation for ur first preference?

hApPy1

HSC
heidi_kak said:

Are u serious? Please tell me how serious u are! i know nothin about this but i very much doubt what u say here........maybe coz i dun want to beleive u!!!
Please tell me u were exagerating!!!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
no

say you got a uai of 100

your preferences follow

1. law @ usyd 99.6
2. arts @ uws 70.00

(as said before)

1st round (could be early round, main round, whatever) - you get an invitation. Should you REFUSE this invitation, you will not get an invitation on any other degree until the next round starts. Each round that goes by, less invitations are given, considering places are taken etc.

Exception to this is that you put down both HECS and fee-paying courses. eg

1. law HECS
2. arts FEE
3. medicine HECS

you can get an invitation in both law and arts, and you'll have to dismiss one of them. But again, if you choose to refuse both, you will not get another invitation til the next round.

Hence why you should be choosing your preferences carefully based on what you want rather than uai based.

EDIT: yes casmira is wrong/didn't phrase it right. If you got a uai of 100 you won't be getting 9 invitations to choose from.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)