UAC+USYD ENGINEERING (Late round chances) (1 Viewer)

search1ng

HSC
Hi there!

Okay so i was wondering what my chances were for a late round offer for USYD civil engineering? i think the main round cutoff was 85+? and my UAI is 84+ (I got an OP 8 QLD system) unfortunately i didn't get a main round offer which depressed the hell out of me but I'm hoping an offer will hopefully come through in the late round. (Why don't they have DEFEE anymore !!)

Any input would be really, really appreciated as i really wanted to do Engineering at Syd. (Please no UNSW is better discussions)

Also, do cut-offs for engineering usually go down or up for engineering at USYD? (Late round offer). Again thanks! Hope everything went well for you guys.

born to fly

HSC
N/A
i would recommend you contact the USYD faculty directly as I don't think the UAI cut-offs change much between main round and late round so you may be sitting around and waiting for an offer that may never come.

search1ng

HSC
Ah poo. Should i contact them via email or phone call? I'd prefer email cause I'd probably stumble and mumble through-out the phone call...

So it doesn't change much, that just sucks! ..

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Ah poo. Should i contact them via email or phone call? I'd prefer email cause I'd probably stumble and mumble through-out the phone call...

So it doesn't change much, that just sucks! ..
Phone call. I find it helpful if I'm not having a fluid conversation to write down the questions I'm asking beforehand so I don't ooo-ahh too much on the phone.

Also, USYD has flexible entry. Apply for it. Or ask them about it: www.eng.usyd.edu.au or http://info.eng.usyd.edu.au:8000/registration/index.shtml. Start today; with that UAI + flex entry you will get an offer.

Last edited:

doink

Clone
HSC
Cut-offs go up in later rounds, never down unless there are spots left in the degree which you can see from the cut-offs pdf from uac.

search1ng

HSC
Cut-offs go up in later rounds, never down unless there are spots left in the degree which you can see from the cut-offs pdf from uac.
Argh! that's depressing... well I've sent off all the relevant materials, now all i can do is wait and hope (again).

search1ng

HSC
Great news! i got offered a place for flexible entry! Recently got an email stating i'd be offered a position via the next UAC rounds. w00t!

Just a question though, I'm in this 'flexible entry,' scheme ... i want to do Civil Engineering. By my understanding i'll graduate with the same knowledge as someone in a 'civil engineering' degree, or because I'm doing the same courses anyway i can change degree into a civil engineering degree come next year and still get ALL the credit for my work this year because I'd have done the same subjects? Just a little confused is all... Thanks for any information. (didn't get to attend the open day)

edit: also, just say i change degree into a civil engineering from this flexible entry after having studied the civil stream in flexible entry, because i get credit for my prior studies, will i also graduate 'faster,' for the newer degree?

thanks

witide

HSC
Great news! i got offered a place for flexible entry! Recently got an email stating i'd be offered a position via the next UAC rounds. w00t!

Just a question though, I'm in this 'flexible entry,' scheme ... i want to do Civil Engineering. By my understanding i'll graduate with the same knowledge as someone in a 'civil engineering' degree, or because I'm doing the same courses anyway i can change degree into a civil engineering degree come next year and still get ALL the credit for my work this year because I'd have done the same subjects? Just a little confused is all... Thanks for any information. (didn't get to attend the open day)
You're still getting an offer for civil engineering though I believe. The flexible entry just means you got in without reaching the cutoff. I know because I applied for it and got a phone call and they told me I would get an offer in the late round.

:D

search1ng

HSC
hmmm, but i changed my no.1 preference via UAC to the flexible entry course.

witide

HSC
hmmm, but i changed my no.1 preference via UAC to the flexible entry course.
What did they tell you they were giving you an offer for? If you do have engineering (flexible) as your offer, I think you can just go straight into civil after a semester or a year of study. You might need to check though seeing as you didn't meet the cutoff for civil.

search1ng

HSC
yeah i was under the same impression. either way i need to work hard during first year as well to get into me spec.

on a side note, I'm fron QLD, i know no-one in NSW. What do people like to do down here anyway....lol

witide

HSC
Are you in NSW now? Because you'll have to enrol on Friday at the uni if you get a late round offer. You might as well ask them about getting into civil engi while you're there.

I assume we do the same things as you do in QLD. Depends on what you like doing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)