UAI 100, topped phys/chem - offering hsc tuition for biology this coming holidays (1 Viewer)

wobblymutant

HSC
Hi all,

My name is Vincent and I'm offering HSC biology tuition this upcoming holidays, either private or in a small class (my max capacity is 10).

I have prepared a HSC bio trial workshop as well as workshops for each core module. My notes are all written from scratch by using my year 12 notes, hsc textbooks and current scientific journal articles (i'd appreciate if you didnt copy them lol)

If you're interested, please email v.mok@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au to arrange private or group tuition or for more information.

You can see the attachments for the type of notes I prepare for my trial course or the modules.

Here are some of my credentials:
- UAI 100 in 2003 HSC
- First in state for Chem
- First in state for Phys
- Second/Third in state for Bio
- Gold and silver medallist at 2002 and 2003 International Biology Olympiad (watch catalyst Thursday ABC 8pm to see what that's about)
- Staff at the Australian biology olympiad
- Currently studying medicine at the University of Melbourne (3rd year)

dozzza

HSC
N/A
Woohoo! Vincent's finally opening up his great wealth of bio knowledge for us all :) ive heard so much about how good u are at bio!

wobblymutant

HSC
Unimelb is good. I would have gone to USyd if I could, but the course wasn't offered in 2004

Damage

HSC
The only internationally recognised Unis for med is UMel, Usyd, and UQueensland. haha hope all u ppl going for UNSW med know this. UMel is the best for med i reckon

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Vincent didn't make UNSW iirc. Also, Damage is incorrect.

Ireland: Only universities from 3 states (NSW/VIC/WA) and those from UQ are allowed to register in Ireland
http://217.67.140.43/registration/firsttime2.asp

USA & UK & Canada: Pretty sure all schools are registered there, no probs there. Both destinations require an additional qualifying test, namely the USMLE/PLAB respectively.

HK: ANU and some other newer universities are not yet recognized.
http://www.mchk.org.hk/ch161/sche4.htm

Singapore: same as above
http://www.smc.gov.sg/html/lregistrable.html

Malaysia: same as above
http://www.mma.org.my/info/colleges/australia.htm

.ben

HSC
Did you make all these notes yourself including the diagrams?

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
ahh vincent...i know u:)
anyways ur right...umelb is best in aust currently for undergraduate, but including postgrad andundergrad it's usyd. b4 they changed the old course unsw was on par with umelb...now they dont have a clue.

damage u also have no clue

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Actually UNSW offers the second-best Medicine Degree in Australia with up to a 1000 students in our faculty. [For those who did the UMAT and got an interview into UNSW , they'll know how tough & strict the interviews are compared to those like USyd, etc]

But Uni of Melb is known to have the best Medicine degrees in the whole of Australia.

Though technically, there shouldn't really be a major difference in which uni you're doing Med at anyway.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
Actually no,
The medical faculty at UMelb has the most funding in Australia however it does not equate to having the best course and i as well as others found that the interviews were in no way strict or tough, they were actually relaxed. Even if there were such rankings as to the best course, unsw's ranking would not be worked out until the first cohort of students undertaking the new course graduates. If you talk about prestige, then UMelb is prob the most prestigious. However many reckon that the best place that medicine is offered is at Usyd.
But, it doesn't really matter where you graduate.

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
Actually UNSW offers the second-best Medicine Degree in Australia with up to a 1000 students in our faculty. [For those who did the UMAT and got an interview into UNSW , they'll know how tough & strict the interviews are compared to those like USyd, etc]

But Uni of Melb is known to have the best Medicine degrees in the whole of Australia.

Though technically, there shouldn't really be a major difference in which uni you're doing Med at anyway.
What you said means shit all. No facts, just shitty opinions thrown together.

75 or 99!

HSC
wobblymutant said:
..but the course wasn't offered in 2004
sorry buh i think it was offered in usyd buh apprently u have to 3 year science degree and then they offer u med

btw well done on the 100...its a bit late lolz i know my bro did it the same year as u he's doing med at unsw

wobblymutant

HSC
Yeh I made all the notes and diagrams.

With the uni debates, it doesnt really matter which uni u go to for medicine. In the end, if you pass, u'll become a doctor. Which uni is the best is really just a matter of personal preference.

.ben said:
Did you make all these notes yourself including the diagrams?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)