uai +5 (1 Viewer)

dfm

HSC
one of my buddies was talking about how a guy got extra 5 added to his uai because he went on aus schoolboys rugby(pushing him up from 93 too 98), and mentioned the other reasons under which he thought this might happen. is it true it happens if your parents are breaking up? i know how much of a dckhead i sound like but thought this would be a good place to inquire and of course i had to ask.
thanks

*wbg*

HSC
Hey dfm i think (with the paretns splitting up bit) you're talking about EAS which doesnt give you an extra 5 uai points, it just enables you to acess a course with a requirement of a higher uai.

for example if you got a uai of 90 and your aplication for EAS got accepted you could get into a course with a cut off of 95.

i dont know about parents divorse but you can see the "requirements" if you look up EAS on teh boredofstudies site.

i hope that made sense and was correct!

i cant remember what eas stands for off the top of my head (sorry) educational access scheme? maybe?

and btw, i dont see how asking that questions makes you sound like a dickhead =)

*wbg*

HSC
well whilst im here...

a friend told me if im planning to try and use eas (which im not concidering atm but you never know) then its easier for the school to help me if they know of "circumstances"well in advance?
does anyone know if this is true? and does that mean at the start of senior years or the start of year 12?

cheers

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
*wbg* said:
well whilst im here...

a friend told me if im planning to try and use eas (which im not concidering atm but you never know) then its easier for the school to help me if they know of "circumstances"well in advance?
does anyone know if this is true? and does that mean at the start of senior years or the start of year 12?

cheers
The reason why it helps is because part of your forms have to be verified by a 'responsible individual' eg your principal or a doctor, lawyer or accountant who is a family friend. This means they have to state how long you've had this problem, how its affected you and basically how deserving of EAS you are. You also can only be compensated for problems experienced in year 11 and 12 however the more extended the knowledge your principal or other responsible person has, the better.

Also, if you talk to your school earlier then things like special provisions can be worked on and having these[if you genuinely deserve them] will help to make your case with EAS.

*wbg*

HSC
asscookie said:
Keep in mind that you most likely won't get the full number of EAS points if the course you're applying for is very popular/has a high-ish UAI (IE 85+).
teh courses im currently concidering (ill prolly change my mind i know :p) are either med/law, science/law or int. studies/law (dont want ot be a lawyer though!) so they all have uai requirements of way over 85 +.. hmm.. i dont think i would ever apply for eas anyway, its more an "insurance" i guess

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Keep in mind that you most likely won't get the full number of EAS points if the course you're applying for is very popular/has a high-ish UAI (IE 85+).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)