UAI 98+: Tutor available for Maths 2/3/4U, Eng St, Chem., Phys & Bio (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
NOTE: Due to filled time slots, I will no longer be accepting any students for tuition for this HSC year. Thank you for everyone who expressed their interests in me.

Please do not contact me for tutoring details unless you are one of my current students. I've had to reluctantly turn down almost 10 students by reminding them of the above message I've posted...:(

Hi,

I graduated from Sefton HS in 2006 and scored a UAI of 98+ with particularly high individual results for English (top 1% of state) and both Mathematics Extension courses (94-97) with top 10 internal ranks for almost all of my HSC courses (including top 5 internal ranks for Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2 and English). I have a year of experience in tutoring and my previous students have shown significant improvements of up to 20% between their initial assessments and their final HSC mark. All of my former students so far have scored a UAI above 93.

I am offering tutoring for the following HSC (and some Preliminary) courses:

- Mathematics (includes Preliminary)

- Mathematics Extension 1 (includes Preliminary)

- Mathematics Extension 2

- Chemistry

- Physics

- Biology

I live in the Auburn/Lidcombe area and am willing to travel to nearby areas (max. 10 min drive) on weekends only.

Rates per course: (all sessions are 2 hours)
$30 per hour – if I come to you
$20 per hour – if you to come to me or if I come to you and there are two or more people in one session
$15 per hour – (each) if there are two or more people in one session and you come to me

I will share my notes, books and many past exam papers, help you develop extensive understanding of the relevent course content and offer efficient strategies to tackle questions for each subject. On many occasions you might find me helping out some people on certain questions in the relevent forums, so you know that I am genuinely dedicated to support your studies. I am confident that with your cooperation, I can make a significant contribution to your studies. :D

:)

(NB: At this stage, I'll place higher priority on those who wish to take Maths)

Last edited:

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I must say, 98 is pretty damn good for English Standard. Will tell friends about it.

xDeadlyx

HSC
You came from sefton omg.... hate sefton i rkn its so badd.....

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
xDeadlyx said:
You came from sefton omg.... hate sefton i rkn its so badd.....
Well I won't argue with that. But don't just use the school to judge the individual quality of its students...

lala2

Banned
HSC
Very commendable results indeed, Trebla. I think you'll be attracting a lot of students for English Standard, won't you? Oh, and free bump!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Do you tutor around the sydenham~rockdale area?

I have a friend, possibly 2, that would like to combo 4unit maths and physics tutoring. Preferably after school on any day.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Sorry for the late reply,
...that area is beyond my limits of travel

mystik2k

HSC
I just graduated from sefton high school and i also did standard. a 1% in the state is a band 6 in standard. NOONE in sefton highschool achieved a band 6 in standard english yet. i dont know abt advanced but definitely not in standard.

Zephyrio

HSC
Last year, only eight people got a band six in standard, in the entire state.

That accounts for less than 0.1% of the whole candidature. So, mystik2k, I think you're mistaken :\

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
mystik2k said:
I just graduated from sefton high school and i also did standard. a 1% in the state is a band 6 in standard. NOONE in sefton highschool achieved a band 6 in standard english yet. i dont know abt advanced but definitely not in standard.
You are clearly mistaken.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/BDHSC_2006_12_15130.htm
From the BOS statistics last year, 0.02% of the state got band 6 and 3.24% got band 5 for English Standard.

http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2006_table_A3.pdf
From this table, the 99th percentile for English Standard was 41.5/50 (i.e. 83/100).

If you must know, I actually got 86/100 for it last year...

Last edited:

wasi

HSC
wat did u get in bio? also do u go to rose bay

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Sorry that area is beyond my limits of travel...

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
sefton was actually ranked first in standard english in 06...not so sure about this year...but it shoudl be up there

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Anyone for Maths (particularly Extension 1 or 2)? I would prefer a bit more students in this area.
The majority of my previous students took Mathematics Extension 1 and 2, so I have the most experience in that field.
Perhaps from now on, I will give priority to those wanting to do Maths...:p

Last edited:

YannY

HSC
lol of course sefton would be at the top of the list for standard. its one of the few or only selectives that does the subject. other than my school which only allowed it for 2 students who has disabilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)