UAI 99.9 - Mathematics 2,3,4U, Music 2 Tuition - Inner West (1 Viewer)

ludvikas

HSC
Hi there, I’m a tutor offering assistance to year 11 and 12 students of any ability studying 2U, 3U and 4U Maths. I am based in the inner west area.

Lessons would usually be 1.5 hours weekly, with focus on understanding theory and addressing problematic examples. I also have no problem with students emailing me outside the tutoring session to ask specific questions regarding difficult examples.

I also teach Music History (Western Art Music) which would be suitable for the academic/musicological components of year 7-12 Music (particularly Music 2 for Year 11 & 12).

Rates are around $25 per hour, depending on the course studied and location of tuition and so on - this is a negotiable point.

For the record, I'm currently an Advanced Science Student (holding two scholarships) and my 2005 HSC results include UAI 99.90, Premier's award and dux of school, band E4 in both Maths Ext 1 and 2 (including 99/100 in Ext 1), and 3rd place in the state in Music 2.

So, if you want to make the most of high school Mathematics, please don't hesitate to give me a buzz:

Email: lgarrick@iinet.net.au
Phone: 0431 914 161

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

ludvikas said:
Hi there, I’m a 'seasoned' tutor offering assistance to year 11 and 12 students of any ability studying 2U, 3U and 4U Maths. I teach in the inner west area.

Lessons would usually be 1.5 hours weekly, with focus on understanding theory and addressing problematic examples. I also have no problem with students emailing me outside the tutoring session to ask specific questions regarding difficult examples.

I also teach Music History (Western Art Music) which would be suitable for the academic/musicological components of year 7-12 Music (particularly Music 2 for Year 11 & 12).

Rates vary from $20 to $25 per hour, depending on the course studied and location of tuition and so on - this is a negotiable point.

My 2005 HSC results include: UAI 99.90, Premier's award and dux of school, band E4 in both Maths Ext 1 and 2 (including 99/100 in Ext 1), and 3rd place in the state in Music 2.

So, if you want to make the most of high school Mathematics, please don't hesitate to give me a buzz:

Email: lgarrick@iinet.net.au
Phone: 0431 914 161
Sounds like a good deal to me. :)

ludvikas

HSC
Hi guys,
Just dredging this thread up from the dark ages considering it's coming to that time in the calendar when grade 11s start thinking about their HSC. So if you are in year 11 and considering Maths tuition for your big year, please don't hesitate to contact me - my details are above.
- ludvikas

501n2u

HSC
Just curious, what highschool did you attend?

simonkey

HSC
Hey ludvikas, wot teaching materials and resources do you use to teach ur students? Do we have to buy our textbooks through our own money, or do u provide it for free?

ludvikas

HSC
Firstly, I work with the assumption that most students have at least one textbook that they use for school/TAFE. I do however, try to avoid using the student's textbook so that they can get a bit of variety in the types of questions. I have a pretty extensive collection of questions for every topic from diverse sources, past papers (both official HSC and various year 12 midyear/trial papers from various schools), and several common textbooks for each 2U, 3U, 4U. Having said this, in lessons I prefer to focus on the student having a thorough understanding of the theory rather than on specific problems - that's the key to performing well in HSC Maths, I think.

I don't set homework. I am aware that year 11 and even more so year 12 are extremely busy times and that pushing it with extra work is draining and in the long run counterproductive. If however a student should like to do more work in the week to supplement their schoolwork or strengthen their skills futher, then I have no problem copying the relevant pages out of my archive.

STaLLiNG STooGe

Need I say more?
HSC
Hello =)

I've just started my hsc course and I am in desperate need of a 2U maths tutor. I live in the hills area.

How would this work for you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)