Uai = 99.90 (1 Viewer)

dimu2

HSC
dude srsly how the hell have u made it up till now without understanding how the system works?
at most schools and in most subjects, trial marks dont mean much at all.. its ur RANK that means everything.. see our school scales our trial marks so they accurately reflect wut u wud hav got in the hsc.. like for eg they scaled my physics trial from 78/100 to 87/100..
to be getting 98+, u need to be pushing (or better still) getting 90s in all of your subjects as ur final hsc mark
good luck

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
some schools dont give out those scaled marks - my school did and sticking them into SAM gives you an idea, albeit not a great one. when people are sticking in raw marks and getting discouraged its stupid.

my friend got mid to high 80s in all his subjects and he got 97.1 i think from memory. a whole bunch of low 90s will be a guaranteed 97.5+.

wdoueihi

2006 HSC Student.
HSC
yer my teacher says add about 6 points to the sam estimate. it just tries to scare u into studying harder. dont lose sleep over it. watch you will get like 95 with those ranks atleast. dont stress

rocafella32

HSC
yeah trial marks are pretty much bullshit...this is only for senior science, i dont know about anything else, but app cause the state avg is 45%, if you get a raw examination mark of 80 you get scaled to 99%...and also for ext 1 maths my mate got 19/50 in the trials, but in the hsc he got an E3 which meant he got something from 33-45

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
If you want 99.9 this is what you do

Because your rankings are fabulous at 1st for all or most subjects then the person in your class including yourself who gets the highest HSC exam mark will become your assessment mark.

Therefore if you come first with a mark of 39/100 for the school assessment mark
and your friend gets 38/100
but you come first in the course at the school

then the highest hsc mark of your class for the exam will become your new mark

therfore study hard for the HSC
what ever your mark is in the HSC exam will become your new mark overall because of your rank or even if someone beats you in the course
their mark will become your school mark and then your HSC exam mark will be added to it and scaled etc etc to become the new mark

if you go into the exam room and get 97 + for all exams dont worry about 99.9 youll be getting 100 UAI

your HSC is in your hands now what ever you get will be your mark

Good luck
I hope it doesnt sound confusing

Ciao

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
wdoueihi said:
yer my teacher says add about 6 points to the sam estimate. it just tries to scare u into studying harder. dont lose sleep over it. watch you will get like 95 with those ranks atleast. dont stress
thats total bullshit..

if everyone wants a accurate uai predictor, go to this dudes teacher

shamera

HSC
Thanks for all your replies.

I have another question. I'm not achieving very highly in either chemisty or mathematics (compared with the other subjects). It could go either way which one is counted in my UAI (I have 12 units), but at the moment Im stronger in Chemistry.

Would you say study harder for Chem and forget about maths completely - or study for both? Which would be most constructive in your opinion?

p.s - I got my school assesment marks and put them into sam, they equalled 99.55

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
doing well in both maths and chem would be beneficial for you - if you're better at chem, then try harder at chem i guess.

your school assesments must be something seriously nice looking to get that on sam. if you're doing 3/4u maths, paying some attention to maths may boost your uai.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)