UAI 99.95, 2 state rankings: Crash course in 2/3/4U maths, phys, chem offered (1 Viewer)

modezero

HSC
Need a tutor who is avaliable for insane amounts of time leading up to the trials? No problem!

My name is Charles and I am offering tutoring in Maths (up to 4U), Physics, Chemistry. At the moment I am not attending university (was studying medicine at Melbourne), so I can basically do anytime and as often as you like in the lead up to your exams. However, I will be going to the US in the beginning of September, so this will be very short term tutoring. If your interested just PM me or post in thread. I live in the North Shore, but I can drive to any place within reasonable distance.

HSC results (2006):
Maths 3U 99
Maths 4U 99 (9th in state)
Physics 97 (8th in state)
Chemistry 94
UAI 99.95

I can also help out in:
Latin (5 years experience)
English 2U 92 (In the Wild/ Citizen Kane/ History&Memory)
Maths Olympiad (Silver Medal at 2006 International Maths Olympiad)

And if you're interested in studying in the US, I can also help with that:
SAT I (Verbal 800, Maths 800, Writing 750)
SAT II (Maths IIc 800, Physics 800, Literature 780)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Recommended highly.

This guy could tutor chess as well.

Although I'm better :p

You wouldn't remember me Charles, but anyway why didn't you like Medicine at Melbourne?

modezero

HSC
Thanks man! And sorry I don't know who you are :(

Med at Melbourne's really good (better than UNSW ... ok don't kill me :p) but I feel like doing some more general education. I think going US college will be a good experience and I can always do med later. Added to the fact that US med schools are more prestigious and offer more opportunities than Australian ones.

And you're quick on the reply, keeping a tab on this forum ;) haha

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
lolol quitting unimelb to go us. you know how hard it is to get into med as an international over there...plus the 40k a yr costs...

nice work, where u studying?

modezero

HSC
Yeah, it'll be pretty hard, but I like a challenge otherwise I'd end up slacking off. I'm not that worried about the money, I can always borrow and pay it back later. I'll be studying at Princeton, probably majoring in molecular biology and neuroscience.
And thanks soylicious, I'm in Sydney until end of August.

modezero

HSC
hahaha, yes I'm pretty sure our fathers know each other. My last name is Li btw lol. I don't know anyone called Su though...
I don't think I've met you in person, though I've been to couple of the UNSW Med lectures

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
modezero said:
Yeah, it'll be pretty hard, but I like a challenge otherwise I'd end up slacking off. I'm not that worried about the money, I can always borrow and pay it back later. I'll be studying at Princeton, probably majoring in molecular biology and neuroscience.
And thanks soylicious, I'm in Sydney until end of August.
You usually wont get a loan if you are an international..... (loan would be like $200k also).

But you'll rpobably be getting aid from princeton for undergrad at least. There was a grammar guy who went to harvard to do chem, and then came back to usyd to do his mbbs!

http://www.fiu.edu/~preprofc/International_Students_School_Policies.htm

That is interesting nevertheless.

Didnt uni melb have a med sci component which you could have studied mol bio and neuro? You can go on exchange to harvard on that...

But if you want to live in the US, it might be a better idea...

Last edited:

modezero

HSC
My dad's last name is Zhu, so I suppose I am that "somebody" lol

Thanks for the link velox. I've only just glanced through it, and all the universities I'm interested in take international students (or at least international students with US degrees). Some also loan money to students, and I'm sure I can borrow interest free from my parents lol. If it really doesn't eventuate and I really want to do med, I could come back to Aus to do it postgrad.

And yes Princeton is very generous with aid, otherwise I would have stayed at Melb. I do think I'll eventually live in the US, because I'm more interested in the research aspects of medicine than the clinical aspects, and the US has far more opportunity in that regard. And doing other subjects might change my interests, and I may not end up doing medicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)