***UAI 99.95 ex-Ruse 2007 Maths/Sciences Tutor*** (1 Viewer)

alexng.tutoring

HSC
Hi everyone,

My name is Alex Ng. I graduated from James Ruse Agricultural High School in 2007. I am currently pursuing MBBS/BSc(Adv) at Sydney University.

I achieved a University Admissions Index (UAI) of 99.95 in the 2007 HSC. I was also honoured to receive the Lord Florey Student Prize (aka Australian Students Prize) and the Premier's Award for All-Round Excellence.

I completed the following units in the NSW HSC-
English (Advanced) 96/100
Mathematics Extension 1 98/100
Mathematics Extension 2 97/100
Chemistry 96/100
Physics 96/100
Economics 96/100
Agriculture 98/100

Despite completing all these units, I am most comfortable in tutoring in Maths and the Sciences. In particular, my studying of Science at university will allow me to provide students with a more sophisticated, in-depth and superior understanding in all facets of their coursework.

Carlingford; I would prefer tutoring from home, but am willing to commute to tutor students near the Carlingford area.

Subjects offered:
  • Maths up to Mathematics Extension 1 (so even if you aren't doing HSC!)
  • Year 7-10 Science
  • HSC Physics, Chemistry and Economics
How is this tutoring different from other 1-to-1?
  • I have tutored previously and worked with other tutoring firms, and am simply trying to reach out to more students.
  • Effective communication skills allows me to explain more difficult concepts and subject matter in an interesting, concise, logical, yet down-to-earth manner.
  • I will clearly establish the requirements for HSC purposes, but explain the background of particular topics to students for a more complete understanding at students' request.
  • Emphasis on effective time management, and exam technique for confidence before every exam.
  • Tailored specific advice and help for school assessment tasks and schoolwork, particularly practical tests.
  • Diagnostic help, identifying weaknesses and misunderstandings in course knowledge to facilitate improvement and addressing of these problems.
  • Extensive resource base of sample questions and summary notes.
  • I am also willing to offer advice regarding subject selection at university, information about the entry process into medicine for interested students as well as advice about tackling UMAT.
Please do not hesitate to enquire on
Thanks for reading this.

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
Congratulations on 99.95...
I can only hope that i will get a UAI of yours. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Haha, another of the combined USYD Med Ruse peoples. You'd know Maggie and Yu Heng wouldn't you? Free bump for you :)

alexng.tutoring

HSC
lala2 said:
Haha, another of the combined USYD Med Ruse peoples. You'd know Maggie and Yu Heng wouldn't you? Free bump for you :)
yep, though not from our year.

alexng.tutoring

HSC
Hey everyone,
The above information still applies, but now I'm willing to tutor economics as well.
I'm looking to take students for the 2009 round of HSC assessments.
Get help early if you need it; and don't be disappointed!
I'm also willing to take small groups (2-3) for a discounted price.
Good luck to the new Year 12 students.

Last edited:

kedarmadan

HSC
N/A
I know Alex personally and let me just say that he is an awesome tutor with a lot of experience :). He is really great at science in uni and will certainly be able to help out anyone in the science/maths field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)