Uai 99+? (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
zan zoon said:
well thats stupid what your saying is to get a good HSC result you have to be great at time managment wheres the brains or creativity in that. time managment is boring as if youd live your life on a plan how restricted how boring if you ask me an hsc result is a man made object its just a peice of paper and i wasnt saying its not important to be smart because it is, but you dont need a little peice of paper saying so. and i wasnt steriotyping it was just my own observation and i also wasnt saying to bludge through your HSC all i was trying to say is try your best but dont go over board and feel as if it was the end of the world
How are you going at school, zan zoon.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Yes it is the "end of the world" but it doesn't mean you must have great time management. Just be smart and show that you are when it matters. Then you'll get what you deserve.

zan zoon

HSC
I am doing alright 2nd in english 5th in art i am coming quite bad in ancient history and textiles iam doing well and design and technology average
no body told me you shouldnt do three major works till now
are you trying to make a point scottyG?

Last edited:

jessicak

HSC
im jst wondering.... sorry to get off the topic a bit.. but is it possible to get a UAI of over 95 if ur averaging 85-90 in all ur subjects and 95 in 1????

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
jessicak said:
im jst wondering.... sorry to get off the topic a bit.. but is it possible to get a UAI of over 95 if ur averaging 85-90 in all ur subjects and 95 in 1????
In general yes but not enough info.

zan zoon

HSC
i am so sick of doing my major design project there no bloody guide lines how the hell am i supposed to do this i am really over it. Does any one have some staight foward guidlines to design and technologys mdp portfolio :burn:

stainmepink

HSC
i forgot to mention my subjects are 4u math, 3u math, 3u eng, adv eng, chem, music 2.

i hope i can get that uai, but you're right, its not the end of the world if i don't. just an extra 3 years to get into the course i want to. hmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shkev

HSC
gobaby said:
i forgot to mention my subjects are 4u math, 3u math, 3u eng, adv eng, chem, music 2.

i hope i can get that uai, but you're right, its not the end of the world if i don't. just an extra 3 years to get into the course i want to. hmm.
man gobaby u r crazydoin that subjects lol u know what i am doing lol

i am doing gen maths (yes sorry lol! not compared to ur 4Unit stuff) PDHPE (BLUDGE dont do anything) NOrmal English, Music (DUnno which one it is 1 or 2??) rugby (yeh it is a subject dunno why LOL) and TAfe too

gotta give it to ya lol clap clap ^^

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
gobaby said:

Extra three years? What course is that?

A l

HSC
N/A
zan zoon said:
well thats stupid what your saying is to get a good HSC result you have to be great at time managment wheres the brains or creativity in that. time managment is boring as if youd live your life on a plan how restricted how boring if you ask me an hsc result is a man made object its just a peice of paper and i wasnt saying its not important to be smart because it is, but you dont need a little peice of paper saying so. and i wasnt steriotyping it was just my own observation and i also wasnt saying to bludge through your HSC all i was trying to say is try your best but dont go over board and feel as if it was the end of the world
If that is what it means to you then why do you even bother attempting the HSC course in the first place? The HSC must have some significance to you if you are attempting the course.
zan zoon said:
i think getting a Uai of 99+ is great but seriously it doesnt add up to anything but getting into university studing for the next 5 to 10 years id rather have a life because those people who get 99+ sure their smart but are they having fun? No. i dont know anyone successful (and by successful i mean having a life with meaning not just a large income) who acctually did that well in their hsc and iam not saying knowledge is important because it is very important all iam saying its not everything and peolple should not take it so seriosly, because its not the end of the world...
You say you weren't stereotyping eh? Well in the post above you have made the assumption and hence the stereotype that people who score a UAI above 99 have no life and have no fun and telling the original poster that you need to have no life and no fun in order to achieve a UAI above 99. I can tell you that this is NOT true. In fact, all the people that I know that scored a UAI above 99 had a fairly balanced lifestyle and were not simply spending the entire time studying and stressing out.
Also, I'm not saying that a great HSC result is purely based on time management either. Obviously intelligence and effort are primary factors. However, time management will help you maximise your personal potential whilst living a healthy balanced lifestyle at the same time regardless of how smart you are. In the case of talented students such as many selective school students, their talents can be exploited effectively with proper time management.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
gobaby said:

you should get 99+... those are really high scaling subjects.

suchet_i

derka derka
HSC
i also had a similar question .. i want to get 99.4 and i am coming in the top 10 for each subject shown in my signature (trying to come in top 5) and i go to killara high (best public school but not too good compared to private and selective). any advices or comments?

bboyelement

HSC
zan zoon said:
i think getting a Uai of 99+ is great but seriously it doesnt add up to anything but getting into university studing for the next 5 to 10 years id rather have a life because those people who get 99+ sure their smart but are they having fun? No. i dont know anyone successful (and by successful i mean having a life with meaning not just a large income) who acctually did that well in their hsc and iam not saying knowledge is important because it is very important all iam saying its not everything and peolple should not take it so seriosly, because its not the end of the world...
success comes at a price, you would have to make sacrifices in order to achieve it ... it doesnt appear out of the blue and some people want to get into courses in uni that require a high uai ... they are not just getting a high uai for the sake of getting one ... and remember live your own live and live it so taht you wont regret...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
suchet_i said:
i also had a similar question .. i want to get 99.4 and i am coming in the top 10 for each subject shown in my signature (trying to come in top 5) and i go to killara high (best public school but not too good compared to private and selective). any advices or comments?
well, your school had these many band 6's in your subs last year:
Bio- 14
Chem- 7
Phys- 4
3 unit math- 22
4 unit math- 6
Eng adv- 5

So, if you were to come 10th in every subject I've figured you'd end up somewhere around 97+.

But if you mange to get top-5 in each subject, you should be getting marks which will just push you over the line to get 99.4

This is all based on how good last years HSC group was, and assuming your is as good.

bboyelement

HSC
uhmm ... i think this question has been ask many times b4 but i dont know ... i got this guy who is not suppose to do 4 unit ... i think he got like 7/70 as a mark in the last test (he can barely do 3 unit ... too bad i go to a crap school) anyways my question is will it bring my mark down if he does bad in the hsc ... because if it does ill persuade him to drop 4 unit ... since we only have 5 ppl in our class... so if he fuks up the effects will be greater and im going in well in 4 unit too (60/70 in the test).
but i dont care about him being in 3 unit because our average is way above his mark... and our class is large too

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
not really... how about you help him? not now but just before the hsc?

because if he say for instance gets like what... 60% in the 4u hsc course..

but only avergaes 10-15% then it would seem that your school sets hard assesments and infact your school assesment (50% of the hsc) will rise significantly.

Edit;
Besides when the schools are comparing results they use these 2 things
Mean;
and Std Dev;

so that they can rank the schools marks compared to their hsc marks and scale their school assessments accordingly.
(you cant really lose marks... probably 1-2 or.. at MOST... with whats known... who knows they could change it this year.... to keep us guessing).

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

suchet i said:
would it help me if this year is smarter than the last year?
Yes it would, so if your cohort is smart than you have a good chance of getting a good rank for schools and better chance of getting a good UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)