UAI at risk? (1 Viewer)

herb.

HSC
Hey guys, my names Brad and i am new to this site and currently doing my year 12 HSC course.
Reason for my thread is that i am terrified over a past assessment task mark and its effect it will have towards my overall UAI mark. I previously had two assessment tasks (term 4 2008) in Physics and Adv. english. I absolutely bombed my Physics result, possibly <5 out of 15 and my English(i submitted an appeal form for this as i was sick) 56%.
I opt to get a UAI result of 75> and i was wondering if i can 'work my way up' or redeem myself away from those marks. I don't fully understand the UAI system and i am particularly concerned at my Physics Result, as i need it the most. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

P.S. I am not sure if this will help, but heres my subjects and my position so far;

Business Studies (Not sure on current position, 1st in year 11) (class of 27)
Legal Studies (1st so far, 1st in year 11) (Class of 12)
General Mathematics (2nd so far, 3rd in year 11) (Class of 28)
Physics (Not sure on current position, 13th in year 11) (Class of 28)
Advanced English (Not sure on current position, Not Sure on yr 11position)

mrpet3rr

HSC
very possible. two assments will not deem ur uai <75. my friend who was ranked 3/74 for physics got a 0 for playgirism(people copied down) and his rank went down to 32/74 but still got a uai of 98.95

herb.

HSC
Thats awesome, i've been stressed out heaps about it. Thanks so much for the heads up, and congratulations to your friend for a fine result :p

mrpet3rr

HSC
yeh don't try to stress out. Also dont worry about ur actual assement marks. Your ranking is most important. Rank > Mark

dp624

HSC
you can verily easily get over this. remember that the first assessments aren't worth much at all and you can catch up.
75 uai isn't hard to get. so yea GL

micuzzo

HSC
my friend's cousin went to rouse and she said she failed an exam or two.... she still got a uai of 99+

dp624

HSC
micuzzo said:
my friend's cousin went to rouse and she said she failed an exam or two.... she still got a uai of 99+
i highly doubt that she actually failed an exam or two. maybe relatively, as in the grade smashed her etc, but not raw fails
i assume you mean ruse not rouse

micuzzo

HSC
opps yer i mean ruse... well im not sure... she did not explain what she meant... just said she failed...

herb.

HSC
Thanks guys so much for the replies, i seriously like feel so much better that its still possible eh :p, stressing out too much eh, ahwell lol.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
micuzzo said:
opps yer i mean ruse... well im not sure... she did not explain what she meant... just said she failed...
everyone says they "fail", but usually not as in <50%, just a "fail" in their standards...

lordesf

HSC
Dont stress out i got 56% in my physcics, and 64% IN EXT 1 maths

i was stressing out as much as u did, but yeh a uai of 94.85!!

U got plenty of chnces, everyhting in hsc r scaled so dont stress

dp624

HSC
wait, the 56 and 64 are trial marks right? Not aligned marks?
lol aligning does awesome things to marks, then scaling puts them down straight away

lionking1191

HSC
dp624 said:
wait, the 56 and 64 are trial marks right? Not aligned marks?
lol aligning does awesome things to marks, then scaling puts them down straight away
unless it's maths extensions

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
mrpet3rr said:
Also dont worry about ur actual assement marks. Your ranking is most important. Rank > Mark
In a class of 11 people I don't think Ranks mean that much, especially if S.D. is small (ie. marks are bunched). Would someone like to correct me on this?

Nevermore

Godlike
HSC
yeah screwing up assessments can really stuff up your ranking which in turn screws up moderated assessment mark:hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)