• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UAI confusion and worries, just give up??? (1 Viewer)

ranksrstupid

HSC
UAI confusion and worries, just give up??? school rank around 260

hi, my problem is with my uai, dont have a clue how my uai will end up becoming i've tried the uai calculator sam thing, but that doesnt seem to account your assessment marks or rankings.

right now the rankings of my subjects are all over the place, but all i need is a uai between 61 - 74. What would I need to aim for in the HSC to obtain that.

my subjects and ranks

sdd - 2/17
english - 40/80
chem - 50/60 (lets say worst case scenario im last after the trials)
bio - 35/60
mathematics (2U) not general - 20/30

as you can see my rankings are all over the place especially with chem *sigh*. I know if I apply myself band 5's or 4's are no problem for the HSC since right now all I really study is Sdd since its the only subject I enjoy doing.

But after hearing how rankings effect your hsc marks and or uai's really threw me off. I dont know whether to just give up with this hsc stuff find another way in uni. Or if its possible to pull of anywere between a UAI of 61-74 then I can probably pull myself together. Im just one of those lazy study when I feel like it smart kids. Doing the not so smart thing at the moment.

But if I were to get a UAI around that mark, what marks should I be aiming for in the HSC examinations to get a uai of 62, 72 or 74? All the IT courses im looking at are around those marks.

thx all help is appreciated.

Last edited:
T

Troy2287

I must say that looking at those ranks it looks very discouraging for Uni....however, what is your schools rank?

ranksrstupid

HSC
say if i get 75's in all my subject or 80's in all my subjects what would my UAI turn out like. I dont care how harsh the answer is I just need to know. So I can start planning out the rest of my life.

T

Troy2287

ranksrstupid said:
say if i get 75's in all my subject or 80's in all my subjects what would my UAI turn out like. I dont care how harsh the answer is I just need to know. So I can start planning out the rest of my life.
You'll be looking at a UAI of less than 70. You will be lucky to get assessment marks above 60 (except for sdd). If you score 80's in all exams, you'll be given aligned marks of (60+80)/2= 70
A 70 is going to scale to around 50 (depending on the subject).

With a sdd aligned mark of 85 you should be looking at UAI approximately 65. However, it depends on how well your cohort does. This estimation could be way off..

Kirsty Xx said:
Why does it matter what the school is ranked?

P.S - where can I find where my school is ranked?
Schools rank allows you to determine the amount of high performing students that generally go through the shool. They aren't used directly in any calculations. If you have a school ranked 4th and a school ranked 550th, the 4th ranked school is going to have a lot of band 5's and 6's, opposed to the 550th having very few 6's.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=162620&highlight=school+rank

HSC
Well considering you're doing "average" in most of your subjects, i gave your HSC marks for those subjects the median marks for 2007, and Troy is quite correct, mid 60s UAI

But then again we could totally be off, the final HSC exam can greatly improve your UAI depending on how well you go in it.

But anyways good luck =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)