P

pLuvia

can someone please tell me the uai cut offs for these courses

Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Medical Science
Bachelor of Science (Molecular Biology and Genetics)
Bachelor of Combined Arts and Science

gman03

HSC
don't worry about the cut-off, just place your preference in decending order of your interest. Just treat it like as if you don't know your final uai and you will not know the cut-off and they just offer you whatever they have.

If you are thinking "maybe I wouldn't get into the higher cut-off degree" then don't worry that much because after you get into uni you can still swap around the course, just have to put an extra bit of effort during first year.

You can't compare two uni, say UNSW and Usyd based on UAI as it doesn't work (uai-cutoff is an indication of places and demand, not which uni is better). You better off checking the "options within your degree" between different unis rather than the cut-off.

I'm hoping you will not "sort" your preference in decreasing order of cut-off.

P

pLuvia

gman03 said:
don't worry about the cut-off, just place your preference in decending order of your interest. Just treat it like as if you don't know your final uai and you will not know the cut-off and they just offer you whatever they have.

If you are thinking "maybe I wouldn't get into the higher cut-off degree" then don't worry that much because after you get into uni you can still swap around the course, just have to put an extra bit of effort during first year.

You can't compare two uni, say UNSW and Usyd based on UAI as it doesn't work (uai-cutoff is an indication of places and demand, not which uni is better). You better off checking the "options within your degree" between different unis rather than the cut-off.

I'm hoping you will not "sort" your preference in decreasing order of cut-off.
no no no, im just putting the courses in the order of the higest uai requirement to the lowest, yeah.. and sorry about the misunderstanding, im not comparing UAIs just seeing wat kind of UAI i need for UNSW and USYD that's all :p

baby_pea would depend on the uni right?
um.. i just want the UNSW uai cut offs

gman03

HSC
kadlil said:
no no no, im just putting the courses in the order of the higest uai requirement to the lowest, yeah.. and sorry about the misunderstanding, im not comparing UAIs just seeing wat kind of UAI i need for UNSW and USYD that's all :p
I know what you meant, that's why I said don't worry about the requirement because if you can't get it in the first place you can get into it while you are in uni. So just put your preference in order of interest... Trust me, its worth it ... *LOreal*

EDIT: AFAIK the cutoff of the degree you listed for last year pretty much below 90s. I would say art and med sci had slightly higher cut-off... There, hope thats helpful :)

Last edited:

zkuld

newblet
HSC
since no one else seems to know, I'll give you some rough numbers from what I remember it as being last year

Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
Bachelor of Arts ~88
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) ~88
Bachelor of Science ~76
Bachelor of Medical Science ~86
Bachelor of Combined Arts and Science

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) - There isn't one. International Studies was 90.2
Bachelor of Arts - 78(v)
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) - 88(v)
Bachelor of Science - 75(v)
Bachelor of Medical Science - 85(v)
Bachelor of Science (Molecular Biology and Genetics) - Doesn't exist. Nanotech was 80(v), Biotech was 75(v)
Bachelor of Combined Arts and Science - 78(v)

The (v)'s mean there were vacancies after 1st round.
That means those cutoffs aren't a good indication of how hard or how good the course is.

ecouch

HSC
i want to get into the batch of science at UNSW, if i don't get the 75 i need im going to be so pissed off, it would b like me to get 74 or something close but just under the required mark

zkuld

newblet
HSC
ecouch said:
i want to get into the batch of science at UNSW, if i don't get the 75 i need im going to be so pissed off, it would b like me to get 74 or something close but just under the required mark
The UAI cutoff for 2006 might not be 75. It may even go back up to 78 like it was a couple of years ago - no one knows.

gman03

HSC
ecouch said:
You will get in, just don't laz off from now :)

Remind you that cut-off is NOT a requirement but merely a nonsense statistical two-decimal point number.

Be happy!

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
gman03 said:
You will get in, just don't laz off from now :)

Remind you that cut-off is NOT a requirement but merely a nonsense statistical two-decimal point number.

Be happy!
Easy for you to say, you've done it.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Medical Science

They are all the same. Doesn't matter which one you get. You'll ALL end up doing the same subjects for the same major.

It's just at the end of your degree, for Medical Science you get a testamur saying "BMedSc", whereas in the other three it will just say "BSc major in..."

Last edited:

ecouch

HSC
in the uac guide they have 75 as the mark, i can only hope the course is unpopular this year so the cut off doesnt rise

ahhhhhh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)