UAI estimate . . . please =) (1 Viewer)

dinomite

HSC
Hey,

I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to tell me if my aim of 99+ for law is achievable with the following ranks:

English Advanced: 7/140
Mathematics: 1/105
Maths Ext 1: 9/88
Chemistry: 14/82
Physics: 8/54
Economics: 1/36
Legal Studies: 1/29

My school is ranked somewhere in the 20's .

Thanks in advance, :wave:

T

Troy2287

You'll be very close to it. You'll have to pull your lower ranking subjects up a little though.

runnable

HSC
I'll say you are. Bring up Phy/Chem just to be sure.

sonic1988

The Rookie
HSC
im sorry to tell you that you are likely looking at 95-98 for the uai.

shaon0

HSC
dinomite said:
Hey,

I was hoping somebody would be kind enough to tell me if my aim of 99+ for law is achievable with the following ranks:

English Advanced: 7/140
Mathematics: 1/105
Maths Ext 1: 9/88
Chemistry: 14/82
Physics: 8/54
Economics: 1/36
Legal Studies: 1/29

My school is ranked somewhere in the 20's .

Thanks in advance, :wave:
A UAI of 98-99 if you pull up some of your subjects a little.

doink

Clone
HSC
99+ no way. Only a few hundred people get that UAI, 97-98 looks likely though, don't worry it will put you in sweet position for a first year transfer into usyd/unsw law, just keep it up.

adnan91

HSC
lol wtf it entered by itself anyway continue..
Biology 2/10
Maths Ext 1 2/9
Maths ext 2 3/4

School rank in the 30's

xdemi101

HSC
My school ranks something like 216, how will that affect my rank and UAI, even if I'm coming in the top 5% in all my subjects?
Badly?

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
xdemi101 said:
My school ranks something like 216, how will that affect my rank and UAI, even if I'm coming in the top 5% in all my subjects?
Badly?
Top 5 would be much better than top 5%...

Destroy externals, 90+ is possible (top 5 ranks in moderate / good scaling subjects).

xdemi101

HSC
Mind-Revolution said:
Top 5 would be much better than top 5%...

Destroy externals, 90+ is possible (top 5 ranks in moderate / good scaling subjects).
okay thanks. i should have mentioned there are 90 yr 12's this year, so i'm either ranking 5th or better, in 2 cases 2nd.

dinomite

HSC
Thanks for all the estimates guys, but my UAI ended up being 99.65

refer to the following thread for the quotes:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...e-look-how-accurate-bos-member-estimates.html

possible that she made some of them up or "fixed" some.
The quotes I had there are all above, take a look yourself. I used this alias to make it look like a genuinely worried kid.

er yeah well mate you'd think being smart enough to get a uai of 99.65 you'd realise that taking advice from other people doing their hsc / kids doing it in 2009 probably isn't all that wise.
This was more of an experiment for me. I think I've already voiced my opinions on bos member estimates before, but no one seems to get the message until some quantitative evidence is put forward, showing how inaccurate they are.

I know that getting these estimates is not wise; that's the point I'm trying to make.

OP, if i could ask, what were your internal/external marks in each of your subjects? Were externals higher?
For most of my subjects, no. Internals/externals were pretty much the same.

Sorry mods, you guys closed off the thread before I could reply to some of the things people had posted up.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
dinomite said:
This was more of an experiment for me. I think I've already voiced my opinions on bos member estimates before, but no one seems to get the message until some quantitative evidence is put forward, showing how inaccurate they are.

I know that getting these estimates is not wise; that's the point I'm trying to make.
After looking at your ranks, it makes sense since i also go to a school close to top 20 and usually there are about 12-13 ppl who achieve 99+, and your pretty much at the top for everything, dont see how estimates can be way off from 99

dp624

HSC
Blah blah blah, we're only trying to help here. If you ask you had better be prepared to take everything with a grain of salt

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
if you want a "more accurate" estimate, just go to your school and get one. Don't complain. The time you do so can be better spent on actually working that tad harder to get the UAI you want or whatever.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
dp624 said:
Blah blah blah, we're only trying to help here. If you ask you had better be prepared to take everything with a grain of salt
Oh I did take everything with a pinch of salt.

I know that some people are actually trying to help, but then there's others that just plug numbers out of thin air. All I'm saying is to be wary of how large the differentials are of these estimates and the real thing. Some people can take em too seriously and get the wrong idea.

And so, like you, I'm just trying to help. Its only fair that these kids know the degree of accuracy of the estimates.

clintmyster said:
if you want a "more accurate" estimate, just go to your school and get one. Don't complain. The time you do so can be better spent on actually working that tad harder to get the UAI you want or whatever.
Thats exactly what I'm saying mate, go and get advice from your school.

And for the record, it took me less that 5 mins to make this thread back before the HSC; if you think that 5 mins is going to do wonders for your UAI, then you're taking the HSC a bit too seriously.

rajputsingh

HSC
your ranks are all good and such however include ur marks as well who knows u may be ranking well but if ur averaging 80's even low nineties you stand no chance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)