UAI for Adeliade Medicine (1 Viewer)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
What is the UAI required for Undergraduate medicine at Adelaide??

And also what do you think would be the UMAT score required to get an interview for Adelaide MED???

Hope to hear you guys.

DraconisV

hello:)

HSC
hi,

im about to apply for the dentistry course at adeliade, my uai is going to be approx 91/2. with this kind of uai what do u think my chances are of getting in?? also, to get an interview, what umat score should i be getting??

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its basically 90+ for adelaide dent..

their dental program is the BDS... bachelor of dental surgery..

UMAT is 180+ percentiles/scaled.. there are a whole lot of places

interview isnt too bad.. its pretty straightforward..

HSC
ok, thanks!
so when u refer to getting a umat of 180+ does that mean its 180/220...so in the top 20%??? because at the moment im doing a umat course and getting raw scores of about 50,80,90% for sections 1, 2, 3 respectively. do u think those marks will reach the 180+ threshold when scaled? i also heard that they like scores that are equal between the 3 sections, instead of one section being really high and another beign low etc....but because my marks for each section are not really equal...especilly the crap section 1 marks, do u think that will disadvantage me?

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hello:) said:
ok, thanks!
so when u refer to getting a umat of 180+ does that mean its 180/220...so in the top 20%??? because at the moment im doing a umat course and getting raw scores of about 50,80,90% for sections 1, 2, 3 respectively. do u think those marks will reach the 180+ threshold when scaled? i also heard that they like scores that are equal between the 3 sections, instead of one section being really high and another beign low etc....but because my marks for each section are not really equal...especilly the crap section 1 marks, do u think that will disadvantage me?
no..180+ isnt 180/220...the UMAT is not really not marked out of anything
How can you get a raw score of 90%? UMAT courses are a poor indicator of how you will perform in the real UMAT. So don't worry about how you went in the courses. Just worry about how you will go in the UMAT.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
basically i meant that u need performance in top 40% of UMAT.. but the higher the better..

the interview in a sense is a killer... cos unless u were set on dentistry... its hard to say why u want to do it..

again UMAT practise papers.. are not an indicator of the real exam performance..

HSC
so why doesnt the practice tests give u an indication on how u will go in the real thing? is it harder then most practice courses or just different styles of questions?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
its because its not the real UMAT..

it has subtle differences.. cos i remember i completely flunked out on my practise ones.. relegated my self to a law or vet career till the real UMAT..

HSC
ok...
from when u did the umat can u remember if the questions in section 1 were mostly graph type ones or the longer paragraph ones?

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
its basically 90+ for adelaide dent..

with BDS at adelaide...how do they weight the UMAT, interview and UAI?? eg. some unis give 25% each to UMAT and interview score, and 50% of the selection is UAI.

could u tell me if the applicants UAIs are ranked as well as UMAT & interview or once the applicant reaches the 90 UAI cutoff...do they select solely on the UMAT & interview????????

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
for the last few yrs it was interview

once u passed the UAI minimum and UMAT quota...

they might have changed it..

HSC
..cheers

also, does anyone know the UAI needed for B of oral health in dental science at griffith uni becase on the website it says "academic performance" but dosent specify the cut off!

ice ken

HSC
hello:) said:
..cheers

also, does anyone know the UAI needed for B of oral health in dental science at griffith uni becase on the website it says "academic performance" but dosent specify the cut off!
adelaide = 70+

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
BOH (Dent Sc) is about 96+ or OP2-3 @ griffith..
to become a dentist via a Grad Dip in Dentistry

the other BOH's @ Griffith are similar to adelaide

BOH at Adelaide is a different course goal... its for dental therapist and dental hygienist

similar to the differences in demand and course types in engineering

ice ken

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
BOH (Dent Sc) is about 96+ or OP2-3 @ griffith..
to become a dentist via a Grad Dip in Dentistry

the other BOH's @ Griffith are similar to adelaide

BOH at Adelaide is a different course goal... its for dental therapist and dental hygienist

similar to the differences in demand and course types in engineering
now theres BOH at fuking TAFE. in adelaide

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
lol this has turned from a Medicine thread to a dental/oral health thread

ThiPham

HSC
Although the cut-off for medicine at Adelaide is 90, the actual average UAI for admitted students in 99+.

Source: Adelaide uni website

Lance Ga

HSC
the minimum required ter for med is 90, but they dont really judge you by your ter because that comes second. they judge how high your standards are first.

btw, flinders is having an undegraduate and postgraduate course for medicine/optometry course for 2010.

a minimum ter of 95 and umat is required. note that there are a limit of placements for these high standard health courses, but the courses arent always full, not because there arent a huge number of students apply for them (because obviously a lot of students do) but because most dont achieve the required criteria during the interview whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)