UAI Help/Guidance (1 Viewer)

adambra

HSC
I need some help in knowing what UAI I should be looking at/aiming for. I don't really know what is realistic for me.

My current ranks, followed by what rank I realistically think I will achieve by the HSC exams:

Eng Adv: 8/100 - Top 5
Eng Ext1: 2/6 - 2nd
Mathematics: 20/40 - 15th
IPT: 2/55 - 1st
SOR1 - 1/60 - Top 3
Economics - 5/45 - Top5
Eng Ext2 - 3/4 (After one assessment) - 2nd

I think I can get a Band 5 for most of these, and probably a Band 6 for SOR1 and IPT.

If anyone could help me with what UAI I shoul be aiming for or looking at, it would be much appreciated. I go to Marist College Kogarah, which I assume is very ordinary in terms of school ranking.

Thanks

line_backer

HSC
adambra said:
I need some help in knowing what UAI I should be looking at/aiming for. I don't really know what is realistic for me.

My current ranks, followed by what rank I realistically think I will achieve by the HSC exams:

SOR1 - 1/60 - Top 3
Economics - 5/45 - Top5

I think I can get a Band 5 for most of these, and probably a Band 6 for SOR1 and IPT.

If anyone could help me with what UAI I shoul be aiming for or looking at, it would be much appreciated. I go to Marist College Kogarah, which I assume is very ordinary in terms of school ranking.

Thanks
I think you're looking down the barrel 88-95 UAI, but it depends on how well your school/peers are doing. I know its a broad estimate, but it will be around there.

adambra

HSC
Thanks line_backer, appreciate it mate. Gonna do my best to get 90+...

Captain pi

HSC
adambra said:

SOR1 - 1/60 - Top 3
Economics - 5/45 - Top5

Thanks
Judging by your school's results last year, English is not a strong subject – you had one Distinguished Achiever (I exclude Extension 2 English because it is almost completely irrelevant to the school), so I'd say 87-91 for Advanced, 43 for Extension 1, and 25-50 for Extension 2 ;) (that's something you'll have to predict); somewhat strong in mathematics (although, it tends to be the higher courses), so I'd say 82-84; quite strong in IPT, so 93; probably 44-46 for SOR I; and, no data for Economics, so 89 max.

Taking this into account, your scaled marks would have been, last year c.

Eng: Adv. : 82
Extension 1: 41
Extension 2: 42 (for E4)
Economics: 80
IPT: 84
Mathematics: 74
SOR 1: 42

Aggregate: 408 / 500

That's a UAI of 95. But, this may be inflating your results; proceed with caution.

Or, it may be underestimating your results!

I hope the maths helps, though.

Love,

pi.

Last edited:

adambra

HSC
Thanks a lot pi, that's really helped. I was just wondering where you got the data about my school from? Also I know that last year was a bad year for our school with few exceptional students. If you look at the year before (2003), I think we performed a lot better in terms of UAI with at least 20 over 90, as opposed to about 10 last year. We have a good group this year, especially in Maths. I'm expecting at least 3 to get UAI of 99, when last year our highest was 97. English should also improve with a number of Band 6's looking possible (not me lol).

Thanks again,
adambra

chicken1111

HSC
Uai Mark for nursing plus others

i was just wondering what mark i should be aiming for to get into nursing or art???? what i have to do yr 12 art class to get into uni for it??? it all confuses me...please help :confused:

Abbeygale

HSC
Is the size/colour 100% necessary?

First, decide which university you want. Then, get the UAC guide. Both those questions can be answered by reading the relevant pages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)