Uai like 1 point off.. (1 Viewer)

Malla

HSC
My UAI was 58.90 .. Pretty shocked considering I got all 70's with pretty hard subjects. Anywayz. My first pref. is IT majoring in E-bus at UWS.. which is 61.00. I done the RET test earlier in the year and recieved a score of 59. Also, I'm supposed to get some extra disadvantage points added to my UAI because of the poor rank of my school. What are my chances of getting into that course? Or another course of a 60.00 Cut off. Reply ASAP plz.. thanz ya'll.

P

pLuvia

Depends on the demand of the course etc. And since you are going to receive those extra points there's no doubt that you will make it into the course (taking into account that the course cut off will not rise significantly)

Malla

HSC
^Yeah .. I'll have to wait and see. I'll probably scrape into my course in the late rounds. Oww well, serves me right for bludging year 12 lol

mimiian

HSC
i answered a similar question earlier. i know two friends of mine got into UTS engineering although their UAI was clearly below the official cut-off. they didn't even apply for EAS or any other special provision. one got around 10 UAI below the cut-off and the other was like 15.

the uni can't say they have lower their cut-off because this would make them seem shit, but with their unreasonably high UAI cut-off for a relatively unprestigious uni (compare to Usyd or UNSW), they just can't fill in enough ppl. So in the end they would just accept anyone into the uni while at the same time claiming they have a high cut-off.

i'm not sure if UWS dooes the same, but i am certain that UTS does it alot, especially in relatively unpopular courses. so yeah, i reckon u should give it a go. won't hurt.

Malla

HSC
^Hmm .. Interesting.. I'll look into that. Maybe add a couple courses from UTS and UNSW. But yeah, I'm hoping I done enough to get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)