uai optom (1 Viewer)

mchase

HSC
So say i scored a 95 UAI and did well in the UMAT. how would my chances be then? are you doing vision science?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
So say i scored a 95 UAI and did well in the UMAT. how would my chances be then?
As long as score a UAI greater than 90, you will have a "chance" & I do stress a chance in transferring into B Optom at UNSW. I approached the Optom Office last year & this year (late Jan), and they stated "places are extremely competitive". So, the higher your UAI & UMAT is, the better your chances are of getting into this degree.

Also, a side-note, the UAI & UMAT Ratio does exist for B Optom i.e. just like in B Med @ UNSW. I.e. If you obtain a high UMAT score, but a low UAI score like 90/91 border, you'll still stand a good chance & Vice versa.

For those with High UMAT & UAI (Above UAI of 94 is a good start!).

are you doing vision science?
Negative. Keep in mind though, in Vision Science first-year courses, you will be doing roughly the same courses as what a B Optom Student does.

Though, don't worry! :) If you can't transfer, and you've completed your 1st year of Vision Science - B Sci or B Adv sci, and complete this major, you'll end up as a researcher in Eye/Optometrical-related projects.

Either way, as Survivor stated, be prepared sometimes that luck may not run your way, choose a secondary degree you may wish to go into. Changing your degree anytime while you're an undergrad isn't too hard either, but your UAI does play a crucial role for top degrees i.e. Optom, Medicine. (basically any degree that requires almost 99 UAI points, and/or includes the doing of a STAT/UMAT)

ice&dht

HSC
N/A
a pass in UMAT is gonna be needed to entry into optometry from 2008 and onwads =[ meaning that i'll need to pass the UMAt.. aya

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)