UAI over 98? (1 Viewer)

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
Firstly, it doesnt really matter how MUCH you write, unless its top quality stuff. I, too, had minuscule writing beofre the exams and would typically fill 4-5 pages with my left-handed gibberish. The reason why I had to practice so much was because my writing was pretty illegible and thats why I lost my marks during assesments. For the exams, I wrote BIG (like seriously) and I remember that for powerplay I actually used 3 booklets! But I must admit, I am a firm beleiver in quality rather than quantity. Those 3 booklets were full of some my personal best discussion points. (Damn bos, I wish I could have them!) Also, the markers are looking for very unique and atypical points in essays so as to distinguish between the higher band 5-ers and 6-ers.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
mz_purfect said:
Firstly, it doesnt really matter how MUCH you write, unless its top quality stuff. I, too, had minuscule writing beofre the exams and would typically fill 4-5 pages with my left-handed gibberish. The reason why I had to practice so much was because my writing was pretty illegible and thats why I lost my marks during assesments. For the exams, I wrote BIG (like seriously) and I remember that for powerplay I actually used 3 booklets! But I must admit, I am a firm beleiver in quality rather than quantity. Those 3 booklets were full of some my personal best discussion points. (Damn bos, I wish I could have them!) Also, the markers are looking for very unique and atypical points in essays so as to distinguish between the higher band 5-ers and 6-ers.
Hmm..well at least the big writing got you a 94. Coz my teacher said that the HSC is an "impression mark". As such, writing 4-5 pages (regardless of writing size) would basically limit you to a 14-15/20. I'm under the impression that HSC markers kind of just flick through the response, read a couple of paragraphs and give a mark...I might be wrong though.

firehose

HSC
With those excellent English marks anythings possible mate. i'll be stoked if ill get 92 for eng :uhhuh:

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hmm..well at least the big writing got you a 94. Coz my teacher said that the HSC is an "impression mark". As such, writing 4-5 pages (regardless of writing size) would basically limit you to a 14-15/20. I'm under the impression that HSC markers kind of just flick through the response, read a couple of paragraphs and give a mark...I might be wrong though.
With your last point mate, I DONT think so! Some of my teachers mark X2 major works as well as Adv responses, and I can guarantee you one thing, they don't just FLICK through responses. In Economics they might, but not in English. At least thats what my impression is. (otherwise all you'd need is a couple of really solid paragraphs and the rest you can blab on....and Voila..the marker gives you a 15/15) As if. But I guess you never know. Its possible that markers slack off at times. They are mere humans after all.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
mz_purfect said:
With your last point mate, I DONT think so! Some of my teachers mark X2 major works as well as Adv responses, and I can guarantee you one thing, they don't just FLICK through responses. In Economics they might, but not in English. At least thats what my impression is. (otherwise all you'd need is a couple of really solid paragraphs and the rest you can blab on....and Voila..the marker gives you a 15/15) As if. But I guess you never know. Its possible that markers slack off at times. They are mere humans after all.
I would imagine that markers get kind of bored after a while. That's why I was under the impression that they might just have a quick skim of the essay. I somehow don't think they'd read every essay closely, coz each one would take 5-10 minutes just to read through...

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
Well in that case then Rench, you should cross your fingers and pray that when the markers finally get to your essay, they ARE bored. Otherwise, if it turns out that they pick your essay first....well...then...you know that you were warned! :)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
mz_purfect said:
Well in that case then Rench, you should cross your fingers and pray that when the markers finally get to your essay, they ARE bored. Otherwise, if it turns out that they pick your essay first....well...then...you know that you were warned! :)
On the contrary, I'd rather have the marker take mine first off the pile coz if I have small handwriting and only write 5 pages it's not going to make a good first impression...
If not, I'll write bigger and home the marker is bored :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)