UAI prediction and question (1 Viewer)

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
Hey,
sorry about this but i was wondeirng what my UAI would be with these current marks and what they would roughly need to be to get atleast 90?
english standard 55 25/70
maths 2u 98 1/50
maths 3u 82 4/15
physics 65 20/25
chemistry 65 5/10
engineering studies 80 1/15

these are my half yearly results and my rough rankings although eng studies and both maths im 100% sure of my ranking. so what marks would i need to get to get alteast 90 or higher.
THANKS HEAPS

FinalFantasy

HSC
skylinegtts said:
Hey,
sorry about this but i was wondeirng what my UAI would be with these current marks and what they would roughly need to be to get atleast 90?
english standard 55 25/70
maths 2u 98 1/50
maths 3u 82 4/15
physics 65 20/25
chemistry 65 5/10
engineering studies 80 1/15

these are my half yearly results and my rough rankings although eng studies and both maths im 100% sure of my ranking. so what marks would i need to get to get alteast 90 or higher.
THANKS HEAPS
with those subjects:
eng-74
2unit-92
mx1-45\50
phy-88
chem-80
engineering-90
aligned marks
would get u a 90

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
so i pretty much have 2 bring my chem physics and english up the most to have a chance at getting 90
i input some value into SAM and i found i could get a UAI of about 90 if i got atleast 80 in all subjects except for 2 unit where i got 90. does that sound right?

FinalFantasy

HSC
skylinegtts said:
so i pretty much have 2 bring my chem physics and english up the most to have a chance at getting 90
i input some value into SAM and i found i could get a UAI of about 90 if i got atleast 80 in all subjects except for 2 unit where i got 90. does that sound right?
yea it's about rite, but i would work on the standard english and physics more if i were u
those are areas which u can improve the most from ur marks:p

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
with those subjects:
eng-74
2unit-92
mx1-45\50
phy-88
chem-80
engineering-90
aligned marks
would get u a 90
what are they as raw marks? approx considering his ranks

FinalFantasy

HSC
DigitalFortress said:
what are they as raw marks? approx considering his ranks
i can't determine the raw marks he would need at school to get those scores lol..
it depends on quality of his exams at school or how hard his exams are marked.. etc.. he would probably know better since it's his own school:p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
It's very difficult to determine UAIs from hypothetical marks, and even more difficult to judge from raw school marks, for the reasons FinalFantasy pointed out. Subjects scale differently from year to year and they align differently as well.

To skylinegtts: please don't take UAI estimates as being concrete approximations of what you may finally get.

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
ahhk..... thanks
i guess ill just have 2 try my best and see how i go..... yeah my english and physics i need to work on the most, my chemisty is usually better just had a bad exam. but the thing with english is that they dont seem to mark it fairly in my honest point on view at my school, because i read others and i have the same content but explained a bit more thoroughly to make sure they get it and the others seem to get a higher mark and i have no indication wat so eva of what ive done wrong. i cant see any difference between mine and others just that mine is a bit longer and more explained. but some others have more quotes but little explaining. is that wat is getting me the amount of quotes?

FinalFantasy

HSC
skylinegtts said:
ahhk..... thanks
i guess ill just have 2 try my best and see how i go..... yeah my english and physics i need to work on the most, my chemisty is usually better just had a bad exam. but the thing with english is that they dont seem to mark it fairly in my honest point on view at my school, because i read others and i have the same content but explained a bit more thoroughly to make sure they get it and the others seem to get a higher mark and i have no indication wat so eva of what ive done wrong. i cant see any difference between mine and others just that mine is a bit longer and more explained. but some others have more quotes but little explaining. is that wat is getting me the amount of quotes?
yea i rekon english aint marked fairly, at our school, ppl say the markers look at ur name, c who's paper they are marking first before they proceed LoL
it's all BS eh
unfortunately i can't offer any advice on how u can improve ur english since i am horrible at english also:p
maybe u can ask rench;)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
lol...I'm no expert at English :p
And afaik, teachers at our school don't look at the names corresponding to each student number before marking...imo, the marking at our school is quite fair (though I'm putting forward a biased opinion here).

And to skyline: English can be fickle. Though it may not seem like it, teachers try their best to mark objectively without any prior prejudice. If you feel that you have been hard done by with the marking, then by all means ask your teacher why you didn't get what you think you deserved. At best you could get a couple more marks. At worst, you could learn from it and better understand what the markers were looking for - there's really nothing to lose.

FinalFantasy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
lol...I'm no expert at English :p
And afaik, teachers at our school don't look at the names corresponding to each student number before marking...imo, the marking at our school is quite fair (though I'm putting forward a biased opinion here).
some ppl say they look at the name first lol

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
some ppl say they look at the name first lol
That would defeat the purpose of student numbers and anonymity and would undermine the integrity of the assessment scheme. I don't think the teachers would do that.

FinalFantasy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
That would defeat the purpose of student numbers and anonymity and would undermine the integrity of the assessment scheme. I don't think the teachers would do that.
well it is like that.. english is bs
lol
and also in term 1 or term 2, forgot which one
that guy got marked 18\20 den dey took marks off him cuz of who he is lol
well dats wat i heard

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
well it is like that.. english is bs
lol
and also in term 1 or term 2, forgot which one
that guy got marked 18\20 den dey took marks off him cuz of who he is lol
well dats wat i heard
:confused:
In Advanced? Who was that? I never heard about that.

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
ahhk.... thanks......
i think thats the best thing 2 do is ask the teachers....... ima do that tomorrow.
although i gotta try avoid my own english teacher as she is one of those ppl, the people who didnt tease hear or give her any trouble she gave high marks but all the others she gave poor marks and to go with that another whole essay of comments.

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
instead of starting a new thread i thought id post in this thread i made before.
i was wondering if my trial marks would be a better indication.
english standard 55 25/60
maths 2U 83 1/40
maths 3U 73 4/10
physics 70 4/20
chemistry 73 3/10
engineering studies 77 2/15
want to get 90 but i need to get 86 if i want to get the course and uni i want taking that UAI cut-offs dont change next year. any help would be appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)