UAI Prediction please... (1 Viewer)

aud

HSC
UAI Prediction please... **updated with Trial results**

Can someone please predict a range of my UAI from my half yearly results... I know I'm aiming for 99, so tell me how much harder I have to work to get it?

School: apparently 35th - it's public
No. in Grade: approx. 310

Subject ----- Rank Overall ----- Mark in HYs ----- Mean of HYs
Eng Adv ------- 11/147 ------------- 76% -------------- 62%
Eng Ext 1 ------ 3/22 --------------- 84% --------------- 62%
Eng Ext 2 ------ 8/10 --------------- 66% --------------- 74% (note: was just the proposal, completely flunked)
Maths ---------- 3/139 -------------- 99% --------------- 68%
Maths Ext 1 --- 2/78 --------------- 99% --------------- 56%
Maths Ext 2 --- 2/19 --------------- 77% --------------- 54%
Legal ----------- 9/44 --------------- 87% --------------- 69%
Textiles -------- 1/15 --------------- 92% --------------- 54%

Edit:
Adding my Trial results in to see if it makes a difference... I had to guess my ME1 rank, and I really screwed the exam, but ick... I had a MW due, so a lot of them aren't as great as they could be... but will add more detail when I get it...

Subject --------- Rank --------- Mark in Trials
Eng Adv ------- 16/147 ------------- 77%
Eng Ext 1 ------ 7/20 --------------- 66%
Maths Ext 1 --- 3/70 --------------- 83%
Maths Ext 2 --- 3/19 --------------- 72%
Legal ----------- 4/44 --------------- 86%
Textiles -------- 1/15 --------------- 96%

Still aiming for around 99, what chances do I have?

Last edited:

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
your going well... not as good as you could be in some areas, but still good.

Only 99% in two unit? Its assumed 4 unit people are capable of getting 100 percent in two unit... thats why you dont have to sit the 2 unit paper :p

My advice would be work harder in english and extention 2, and also in leagal... theyre whats letting you down.

Theres so many students capable of getting 100 this year :( *sighs in a depressed ill never make it there kind of way*

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
nice ranks... getting there...
rmb its more than just english and maths...
pull up the rest...

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Thats alot of units.. how come you still doing 2unit maths?

99 is quite possible, though i would be leaning towards the low 99's

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It's been a while since I've replied to one of these.

Steps for success, prioritised in descending order:

• Maintain your current level of achievement in ME1 and ME2. Those four units are a treasure trove of scaling goodness.
  • Maintain your current level of achievement in EA and EE1. Remember; at least two of your E units have to count.
  • Vigorously defend your first-place position in Textiles. Moderating immunity is the aegis of the achiever.
  • Don't slacken off in Textiles just because you're ranked first; you still need to push yourself to be the best you can be.
  • Improve your ranking in Legal. Aim for at least 5/44. Those in the upper echelons bask in the immunity of the one ranked first.
  • Improve your ranking in EE2. Aim for at least 3/10. Don't disregard it; just keep in mind that it's worth but a single unit.
Achieve five of those six points and I'd wager that something more than a big NINETY NINE will get slapped on your UAI Advice Notice. (Nice idea to have your goal on your wall, if you haven't done so already.)

The HSC is just a big game - remember that, and play to win. :)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
Thats alot of units.. how come you still doing 2unit maths?
Many schools require Extension 2 students to undertake tasks from the 2-unit course in order to avoid assessment chaos should they decide to drop down from that higher level. The results won't actually contribute towards anything else though.

aud

HSC
Thanks all...

Originally posted by Lazarus
Improve your ranking in EE2. Aim for at least 3/10. Don't disregard it; just keep in mind that it's worth but a single unit.Achieve five of those six points and I'd wager that something more than a big NINETY NINE will get slapped on your UAI Advice Notice. (Nice idea to have your goal on your wall, if you haven't done so already.)
Ick... impossible... I flunked my Viva as well... but the other five points are fairly achievable...

Question, what's a UAI Advice Notice... and should I know the answer to this? :p

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by aud

Question, what's a UAI Advice Notice... and should I know the answer to this? :p
A peice of paper with your UAI printed on it.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
A peice of paper with your UAI printed on it.
i never actually received one. i only checked it on the net.

UrDsteR

Hmmz

No offence but at the current rate you won't get 99.... Probably more like a 95. Retail might bring you down... Scaling. If you improve your english'es you might get a low 99.. It seems like there's a lot of people up there this year. Trouble is... I'm only aiming for 90 and I too do 4u eng and maths, with eco and 2u religion. But my rankings are better than yours and my marks are 90+ except for 3u and 4u maths... which r abt 80. So you just need to ace the trials to get 99++... considering ur 4u english won't probably count.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
UrDsteR said:
No offence but at the current rate you won't get 99.... Probably more like a 95. Retail might bring you down... Scaling. If you improve your english'es you might get a low 99.. It seems like there's a lot of people up there this year. Trouble is... I'm only aiming for 90 and I too do 4u eng and maths, with eco and 2u religion. But my rankings are better than yours and my marks are 90+ except for 3u and 4u maths... which r abt 80. So you just need to ace the trials to get 99++... considering ur 4u english won't probably count.
Are you totally sure when you say that? Aud is attending a highly ranked school and is achieving very solid ranks. I don't know what you’re talking about when you say Retail could bring the student down, regarding he/she isn’t studying that subject. If you’re referring to textiles and design (which does have low scaling) he/she has attained the top rank and is achieving excellent results. This results in immunity from other peoples marks and if the student does well then scaling will not be a major issue. I don't know much about predicting uai's however those marks and ranks in my view will attain a uai in the low 99's.

aud

HSC
UrDsteR said:
Retail...? You mean Textiles? OK, well, I'm aiming for 1st in the state for Textiles, and if I hit it I should be going alright, yea?

And I dropped EE2... but I think my ranking's gone up slightly in English and Legal, but I'll have to wait until after the Trials to get them

Edit: UrDsteR, I got your only ever post? Wow... I feel so special...

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
aud, you proably won't get a UAI of 99 at your current rate. Proably a 98.50. Need to work on English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)