• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Uai Prediction - Selective School (1 Viewer)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
speaking on a selfish level, you and the 'smarter' people would be better off if these kids bombed out spectacularly. even if they do enough to get counted in the distribution range, it wouldnt be enough to pull down everyone else but a significant amount. last year i had lots of idiots in my grade, but it took perhaps 50 kids to really screw over the ones who missed out on 99.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
thanks that gave me alot of reassurance. becoz i do know they are going to bomb out.
but i dont get what you mean that if they dont get counted in the distrubution range, it would be enough to pull everyone. if they did well just enough for them to be counted, wouldn't that be worse than if they did on par with everyone else?

LynH1326

HSC
Your UAI will all depend on:
1) Your HSC exam marks - ok you may bomb it or you may not.
2) Your school assessments from year 12 - good for getting you up there if you are no good at exams.

Other factors include what people from other schools are getting in relation to you, and your in-school rankings.

Generally, the average mark for the year and for the hsc exams are not too different as the marks are moderated by the BOS. They take no notice of what school you come from, just the marks they are sent.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
They take no notice of what school you come from, just the marks they are sent.
assume two schools have sent in equal marks for each rank. this means the standard deviation of those marks are the same too. now say the average external exam mark for school A is higher than school Bs.

now explain how which school you go to is not looked at

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
"cohort is pretty important because there was this fag who was like in my chem n physics class he kept saying ahah ill pull u kunts down by doing shit. cause he didnt realli care anymore. so yeh teacher knew about it and told him to leeave class. he was geting like a 3/20 or maybe 5/20 for both."

I've heard that they don't take 'stragglers' into account when working it out...

If the average is 80 and there's someone getting 6.3 then they won't take him into account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)