UAI predictions (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
This is still a long way away but I'm just wondering about something.

You know when you apply for a University course, your school gives you and/or the Uni a predicted UAI. How do they calculate this? And what if they predict you under the cut-off of your desired course but your real UAI turns out to be equal or above the cut-off?

Thank You in advance for answering my queries. :)

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I don't knnow how they calculate it... But I know that there's a few "rounds" so you can change your choices or something? There's like 3 rounds I think... Gosh, it's times like these I wished my career advisor wasn't so boring... I don't remember! xDDDDD

But yeh, I remember there's 3 rounds so you time to change your courses... Hope I'm correct xDDDDD

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Thanks Webby.

It' great having someone smart and from the same school on this forum. :)

is2SWaNz

HSC
My school doesn't have a UAI predictor. I wish they did though... just to see how well (or not) I'm going.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't think my school gives out predicted UAIs either.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
One of my teachers at my school predict UAI's and apparently she's pretty accurate

sly_skittle

HSC
I think that for a prediction they look at your past few results in exams and compare these to previous students and the UAI's that they achieved. They might also look at your percentiles- so if your in the top 10% they look at what UAI's people got who were in the same position last year.
I don't think that their prediction would matter too much. I know a few people who applied for early entry using predicted UAIs but most uni's only give you the place if you achieve that mark or the cut-off. If they underestimated you'd probably be able to get into the course during the main round.
But I'm not too sure

G

gaoOO

our school gives out estimates. Apparently the ones given after the trials are extremely accurate.

P

pLuvia

I think our school only gives it when we apply for scholarships like the Malcolm Chaikin (sp?) scholarship (15k a year) and still those estimates are extremely inaccurate, one got predicted 99.1 ended up with 97.xx. I was predicted to come 6th in the grade ended up coming 8th or 9th out of 174 students

jaaaaay

HSC
my school doesn't predict uai... do other schools???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)