UAI Quandary (1 Viewer)

Olympus15

HSC
I'm just wondering, when it comes to university application, does it matter what UAI you get, or do they also look at what you scored for what subjects. For example, if theres someone who scored band sixes in all his computer subjects and a band 5 in his English but suddenly got a 50 in his Arabic continuers, his final UAI is 78. Will they still allow for him to join, say, a Bachelor of IT, whose cut-off is higher than the UAI he receives purely based upon his scoring for his other subjects, which are by all means, very good...

Its the quandary I am in, as I was really happy with my performance in so far English, and I think I am set to do really well in my other subjects, but yesterday i completely bombed out in Japanese continuers. SAM tells me that even if I get band fives in all my other subjects but a 57 for Japanese i get a UAI of 73. HAPL

Pedophiles

Banned
HSC
The only time Unis will look at your HSC mark when deciding whether or not to admit you into a course is if the uni offers a bonus point scheme. That's where if you go well in a list of subjects which directly relate to the degree you want to do, you'll get some extra points.

What Uni do you want to go to?

Takuto

HSC
well i know that uts gives a max of 5 bonus points for doing relevant subjects

e.g. their IT courses give you extra points for getting band 4+ in sdd/ipt

uws gives up to 10 points for band 5+

are you sure you're going to get 57 in japanese continuers. that sounds like a mark someone would get for just turning up

Olympus15

HSC
I'm not too sure, I grew up in Sweden so I actually plan on doing UNI there, but i figured they would work on a system that is similar to here. I was interested in doing a Bachelor of Arts possibly, does it work on bonus points system?

p.s. if i did Uni in Australia, i would imagine that i would be going to UQ

Olympus15

HSC
Takuto said:
are you sure you're going to get 57 in japanese continuers. that sounds like a mark someone would get for just turning up
Well, coming out of it i felt fairly certain that i had failed, but i dont know... it was the general consensus of my whole continuers class too, we had a teacher who just didnt give a crap a lot of the time, and we had to do a lot of the work ourselves. It was such a shame going on to the forums and everybody saying how well everyone did in their japanese exam

Takuto

HSC
Olympus15 said:
Well, coming out of it i felt fairly certain that i had failed, but i dont know... it was the general consensus of my whole continuers class too, we had a teacher who just didnt give a crap a lot of the time, and we had to do a lot of the work ourselves. It was such a shame going on to the forums and everybody saying how well everyone did in their japanese exam
oh thats bad, lol. oh well, just hope for the best. im sure if you bombed out theres alot of other schools that bombed out too.

Pedophiles

Banned
HSC
Olympus15 said:
I'm not too sure, I grew up in Sweden so I actually plan on doing UNI there, but i figured they would work on a system that is similar to here. I was interested in doing a Bachelor of Arts possibly, does it work on bonus points system?

p.s. if i did Uni in Australia, i would imagine that i would be going to UQ
http://www.uq.edu.au/study/index.html

Go there and type in the degree you want to take, and it'll tell you if bonus points are offered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)