UAI without tutors? (1 Viewer)

LostAuzzie

HSC
No tutoring, recieved 96.85
The girl who topped my school got 8 Band 6s without Tutoring, not certain what UAI she got though

Those who got tutoring seemed to get lower so I dont see any disadvantage in not having a tutor.

Last edited:

EmMindelan

done, and happy
HSC
I got 99.7; the only tutor I had was one I sporadically used for Chemistry when I accelerated it in 2004 and Maths this year....however, that's because I'm a humanities student who would probably not have done either subject if it'd really had a choice about it, and neither of those units counted for me anyway! So really, my tutor made no difference to my UAI whatsoever.

However - he did help my Maths and Chem marks significantly, because he explained the work in a way that clicked with me in a way that my teachers did not....

princess_ariel

HSC
Never had a tutor because I'm an international student with no idea whatsoever where to acquire such services... Pretty much studied on my own, but I had great teachers... Ended up getting 99.45... Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed....

Carnivour

HSC
flamearrows said:
99.9, no tutoring.

Really great teachers though, especially in english (14th) and legal studies (6th). Private school, scholarship student :)
legal studies? methinks i remember you making a rather interesting comment about a certain teacher...perhaps your mum's expertise in legal studies also paid off. :)

and i would not say "great teachers" for some of my subjects *AHEM* chemistry physics *COUGH*, shoulda stuck with the english extensions rather than going into the dodgie world of science. ah well, like someone already said, coulda shoulda woulda.

either way, 98.55 never a single tutor ever. well, i did have piano lessons when i was 12..does that count? :rolleyes:

embety

HSC
no tutoring, 99.85!! I'm not against tutoring, it just didn't suit me. If i needed help I just handed in a couple of essays to teachers or asked my genius maths friend for help with 4U!

IcEy

HSC
embety said:
no tutoring, 99.85!! I'm not against tutoring, it just didn't suit me. If i needed help I just handed in a couple of essays to teachers or asked my genius maths friend for help with 4U!
Yeah, Genius maths friends are the best.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Carnivour said:
legal studies? methinks i remember you making a rather interesting comment about a certain teacher...perhaps your mum's expertise in legal studies also paid off. :)

and i would not say "great teachers" for some of my subjects *AHEM* chemistry physics *COUGH*, shoulda stuck with the english extensions rather than going into the dodgie world of science. ah well, like someone already said, coulda shoulda woulda.

either way, 98.55 never a single tutor ever. well, i did have piano lessons when i was 12..does that count? :rolleyes:
Susan Tomlin (LL.B.) = My legal studies teacher ;)

Angie C

HSC
well my reults aint all that good compared to u all...however im pleased cos i got into the course i want. I got 80.65 wid no tutors..ever!.. and doin 10 units, 7 of them at skool, and 3 on saturday mornings... i was always late tho lol... funny thing is i would hardly ever be at skool cos i had lots of free periods... i was always out, but when it came to stuff that mattered, like assessments n exams i put in 100% n dats wat mattered.

i got friends that got tutored n they didnt do that good....proves that if u got the drive u can do it all on ur own... n i did... all on my own...YEAH!!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I've never had tutoring for anything :)

That's not to say that people shouldn't get tutoring. If it helps, then that's good. For me personally, I wanted to push my limits and see what I could do + I had great teachers.

Last edited:

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
yeh a guy from our school got 99.6 without any tutoring, and he's 1st grade rowing, athletics, soccer.

stacie_dink

HSC
if any of you high uai ppl are planning to/are already tutoring,

you may be discouraging your potential customers

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Hours of tuition:
Physics: 10 hours total
Chem: 3 hours a week for 30 weeks [mostly uni stuff though, not much on the year 12 course]
Engish: 5 hours total

FOCUS: Nothing for maths. Take that RUSE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)