• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAI95+ with 10units? (1 Viewer)

jellybabii91

HSC
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if it is realistically possible to get a UAI of 95+ from doing only 10units, because I'm thinking of dropping biology. Also, my school isn't even in the top 200 schools in NSW=[

My subjects are:
English Advanced (2units)
English Extension 1 (1unit)
English Extension 2 (1unit)
Biology (2units)-really thinking of dropping it tho
Economics (2units)
French Beginners (2units)
General Maths (2units)

My marks/rankings are pretty good and high in most of my subjects excluding bio and I really think that I could improve to get the extra marks if i had the extra time, but Im freaked out by the whole idea of only 10units. Confused as well because ppl are sayin drop and then others are sayin to keep it..

Please help...thanx!!

michael1990

HSC
Of course its possible all you have to do is smash your exams for the 10 units. Because you need to remember as the UAI takes into account only your best 10 units.

michael1990

HSC
Of course its possible all you have to do is smash your exams for the 10 units. Because you need to remember as the UAI takes into account only your best 10 units.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Of course its the best mode of action. The 10 units is the key.

I'd be really careful about the extension courses though. A single unit of English Extension is almost equivalent to two units of Eng Adv. So be sure that you're doing well in those Ext 2 English courses.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Doing 10 units or 12 units, or however many units you do doesn't affect your UAI. They only count your BEST 10.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
a teacher told me that its less possible for most students because they always have a subject they screw up in. but i reckon you should do fine :)

thepaperman

HSC
1. you have high marks / rankings

2. you know you can work harder for extra marks

3. you only have 10 units.

well, it doesnt seem like hard fukn detective work to me. you ONLY have 10 units. I.E. you HAVE to do well in ALL your units. Otherwise, you are majorly fukd.

Dumbass. if you can't figure THIS out, i think you're already majorly fuked; you lack PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS. you tend to need those for the hsc.

lucky i'm here.

michael1990

HSC
nerdsforever said:
a teacher told me that its less possible for most students because they always have a subject they screw up in. but i reckon you should do fine :)
Teachers tell you this so that you can have a 'back up' subject.

Its not really based on anything.
It just means you really need to work hard on those 10 units to achieve a good UAI.

runnable

HSC
Although >10 units is safer... its definitely possible to get 95 with 10 units... even a UAI100.

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
jellybabii91 said:
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if it is realistically possible to get a UAI of 95+ from doing only 10units, because I'm thinking of dropping biology. Also, my school isn't even in the top 200 schools in NSW=[

My subjects are:
English Advanced (2units)
English Extension 1 (1unit)
English Extension 2 (1unit)
Biology (2units)-really thinking of dropping it tho
Economics (2units)
French Beginners (2units)
General Maths (2units)

My marks/rankings are pretty good and high in most of my subjects excluding bio and I really think that I could improve to get the extra marks if i had the extra time, but Im freaked out by the whole idea of only 10units. Confused as well because ppl are sayin drop and then others are sayin to keep it..

Please help...thanx!!
Of course it's possible, and the decision really depends on the person.

Statistically speaking, 27% of people who got a UAI of 95.00-95.95 did only 10 units.

Affinity

HSC
Enobarbus said:
Of course it's possible, and the decision really depends on the person.

Statistically speaking, 27% of people who got a UAI of 95.00-95.95 did only 10 units.
I think you mean 99.95. anyway... can you provide a reference

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Of course it's possible.

It means you have to do less work and have more time to focus on each subject.

The only possible drawback is that you don't have a "fall-back" subject in case you stuff up, but with the extra time you have per subject it means you're less likely to stuff up.

Just make sure you choose wisely, cos if you find you don't like something but can't drop it then you obviously won't go as well as possible.

Otherwise you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)