UAIs of 99+ (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I've tried SAM, but I'm still not convinced. The actual thing itself seems pretty accurate but is it ever possible to get a UAI of 99 and over with marks all in the high eighties (87-89)? And this is assuming true for English too (which would only happen in my dreams).

And while I'm on the topic, particularly for those who received UAIs of 99+ (but also from those with UAIs about 98.7 and above), how did you rank in your grade(please give position, and the number of people in that subject) and what were your lowest and highest marks overall? It doesn't matter what subjects you did, but just want to get an overall picture. Also, what school did you attend to do the HSC? (so that I can see where I stand in the state).

And lastly, were any of you complete bum-arounds in Year 11 and just rose to academic fame in Year 12 (cos I admit I'm guilty of the crime of bumming around all year in Year 11)? If so, what did you do to change (study tips, motivation, anything would be great)?

Thanks for your time

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well im not speaking from experience but from friends/relatives who have achieved 99+ it has all varied. One studied their ass off the whole way through school (all of high school), the other worked her ass of in yr12, and some are just.......freaks. Work hard now, and you wont regret it. Forget about the marks, u seem like ur in yr12 2005, so just work hard and think about marks when you've finished the hsc.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
It depends what year also, this is the trend for the dux of my school each year:

2001 - mid 99 UAI, got Band 6 in Maths ext 1 and ext 2, high 80s for the rest
2002 - 99.6 UAI, got band 6 for maths ext 1, ext 2, bio, chemistry, 80s for advanced english
2003 - 98.6 UAI, band 6 in maths ext 1, ext 2, physics, chemistry, low 70s for standard english

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
low 70's for standard english would definately hurt.
Yeh but he knew he wouldnt do too well in that since it wasnt a strong point.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Man, I've been reading this thing about the UAI, and I'm worried I'm not going to get a decent one. I want one in the 90s, but my half yearly marks were pretty poor. That's why I'm making an effort in all of my subjects, hoping to get a high one. I like how you don't need all high 90's to get a high 90 UAI though. That's comforting.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Logain said:
Man, I've been reading this thing about the UAI, and I'm worried I'm not going to get a decent one. I want one in the 90s, but my half yearly marks were pretty poor. That's why I'm making an effort in all of my subjects, hoping to get a high one. I like how you don't need all high 90's to get a high 90 UAI though. That's comforting.
u need like top ranks and marks in top subjects....like chem, physics, 3 and 4unit maths n english.......stuff like that and u also need to have a pretty decent year.......im mean if their all dumb that might affect u, ur skool has to be a decent one as well.........btw this makes no sense if u apply it to a friend of mine who was dux last year

she did
legal studies
2unit maths
advanced english
buiness studies
economics

she came first in them all, i think we had the dumbest year 12 to eva pass through our skool last year and she still got 98.6........so in other words........study ur butt off and hope for the best. :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I got 98.3

physics 90
chem 91
SDD 90 (didn't count)
maths ext1 97
maths ext 2 96
english adv 78

yeah... being crap at english hurts

tennille

HSC
If only you got 90+ or even in the high 80s for english- you would have easily received 99+ for your UAI.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Tennille said:
If only you got 90+ or even in the high 80s for english- you would have easily received 99+ for your UAI.
yeah i know, but, meh, doesn't matter, my course only needed 90 UAI

tennille

HSC
True. As long as you got into what you want, it doesn't matter what UAI you get.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
all your other subjects scale very well and u achieved huge marks in them (97,etc), for other people who have like 80's and recieve a 75 for english or something it could push them from 80.00 to 75.00, from what i've seen fiddling with sam anyway.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I am trying desperately to get my head around scaling, but I just read about it and my head exploded, so can anyone tell me if I'm screwed with these subjects?

English Advanced
English Ext. 1 & 2
Modern History
Music < -- My "fall-back" subject.
Drama
Business Studies

What sort of average marks would I need to get a UAI in the High 80's/ Low 90s??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)