UBS Academy (1 Viewer)

mewtwo12

HSC
Hey guys I was just wondering what the difference is between the UBS Finance Academy and the UBS Young Women's Leadership Academy?

tiredxoxo

HSC
The Finance Academy is open to male and female students whereas as the name suggests in the UBS Young Women's Leadership Academy, only female students can attend. In terms of the actual program, the Finance Academy I believe is more finance oriented as I attended the UBS Young Women's Leadership Academy and when comparing the agenda given out with my friend who attended the Finance Academy, though the activities were largely the same, the Finance Academy had a few more activities more so catered to those really interested in Finance. On the other hand, as the name also suggests, the leadership academy focused a lot more on developing leadership qualities. Nonetheless, the leadership academy really centred 3/4 of its activities around Finance so keep that in mind when applying. But both academies are equally enriching and you come out of both with the same knowledge from the talks they also provide about their programs for uni undergraduates and graduates.

mewtwo12

HSC
Would you say that you missed out by doing the youth leadership academy rather than the finance academy because from what I have heard the youth leadership academy is wayyy worse and more 'dead' as compared to the finance academy

tiredxoxo

HSC
Would you say that you missed out by doing the youth leadership academy rather than the finance academy because from what I have heard the youth leadership academy is wayyy worse and more 'dead' as compared to the finance academy
I don't think I missed out as you could similarly say that for the Finance Academy they "missed out" on some leadership activities. At the end of the day about 70-80% of all the activities are the exact same across both the academies so how could one be "way worse". Did you hear that from past students who went? Or from teachers? From memory the main differences were that for the presentations, UBS invited different speakers. Nonetheless, I do understand that some people who may be really really interested in Finance and maybe didn't get in and got into the leadership academy instead would've felt discontent with the comparatively greater focus on leadership rather than finance related activities. But I guess my opinion is also biased as Im not that interested in Finance and applied for the program for the funsies and just so happened to make it in.

mewtwo12

HSC
One of my mates from the grade above did it last year and told me to apply for the finance program ( I want to do finance at uni ), so I asked my career advisor to send me the application. However, she sent me this one instead and I had no clue there were two different applications one for finance and one for leadership. I asked my mate from the grade above and she told me the finance one was wayyy better or something so now I feel like i missed out 😭

tiredxoxo

HSC
One of my mates from the grade above did it last year and told me to apply for the finance program ( I want to do finance at uni ), so I asked my career advisor to send me the application. However, she sent me this one instead and I had no clue there were two different applications one for finance and one for leadership. I asked my mate from the grade above and she told me the finance one was wayyy better or something so now I feel like i missed out 😭
ohh ok I see. I do get that the Finance Academy may have better suited your interests. But nonetheless, I'm sure you'll get just as much out of the Young Women's leadership Academy :)).

Frederickgragg

HSC
UBS Academy is an educational platform offering various courses and training programs. Typically, such academies provide specialized training, seminars and other educational activities aimed at developing professional skills in the fields of finance, investment and management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)