UBS Cadetship (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Congrats to all who got an interview but to those who didn't, seriously, it's just a cadetship. Not the end of the world. Most people join companies/organisations through graduate programs or internships. Cadetships are still a relatively niche thing and by no means is it an indicator or guarantee of any form of future career success or happiness. If you really wanted to prove your relevance to risk management you would have diversified your applications anyway :)

HSC
Congrats to all who got an interview but to those who didn't, seriously, it's just a cadetship. Not the end of the world. Most people join companies/organisations through graduate programs or internships. Cadetships are still a relatively niche thing and by no means is it an indicator or guarantee of any form of future career success or happiness. If you really wanted to prove your relevance to risk management you would have diversified your applications anyway :)
Haha that's true :D

powlmao

Banned
HSC

Thanks.

Also thanks for looking at my application, really helped. Especially since I got a interview

Meshy590

HSC
"We will contact you by email by Thursday 24 May to let you know whether or not you have been successful in gaining a first round interview with Professional Cadetships Australia. Be sure to check your email regularly, as the offer of an interview will require an email reply from you."

has anyone got an email yet, saying they have not been accepted??

powlmao

Banned
HSC
"We will contact you by email by Thursday 24 May to let you know whether or not you have been successful in gaining a first round interview with Professional Cadetships Australia. Be sure to check your email regularly, as the offer of an interview will require an email reply from you."

has anyone got an email yet, saying they have not been accepted??
I would assume to haven't. Don't worry.

Also, yes it may be 60 people. I know it isn't many. I know I would be less than 200, and considering 2000+ people would of applied that's very small

Study-Guy

HSC
I would assume to haven't. Don't worry.

Also, yes it may be 60 people. I know it isn't many. I know I would be less than 200, and considering 2000+ people would of applied that's very small
Do you just make up these number or something?? As said earlier, an ID number may not be an accurate reflection of the amount of people that applied.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Do you just make up these number or something?? As said earlier, an ID number may not be an accurate reflection of the amount of people that applied.
There Are from what I have heard and from what other cadets tell me.

I Ex student from my school who is a cadet for KPMG gave a talk today and said every year 5000 would apply at PWC etc and roughly 2000 at UBS

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

I Ex student from my school who is a cadet for KPMG gave a talk today and said every year 5000 would apply at PWC etc and roughly 2000 at UBS
I highly doubt the reliability of those numbers for various reasons but let's just say even if there are that many applications, how many of them are genuine vs. junk applications?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I highly doubt the reliability of those numbers for various reasons but let's just say even if there are that many applications, how many of them are genuine vs. junk applications?
True. But that's what he said.

But doesn't really matter howany applied. We just know it's alot

Also. It says your need to wear business clothes. Would my formal suit be okay?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
That's what I wore but obviously make sure it's a suit and not a tux. Wear appropriate shirt and tie, as well as shoes.
This is going to sound bad But what's a tux? I am such a derp :(

I wore like a business jacket thing to my formal, the kind of one you see new reporters wear

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
This is going to sound bad But what's a tux? I am such a derp :(

I wore like a business jacket thing to my formal, the kind of one you see new reporters wear
Tuxedo.

To be honest I'm sure your formal suit will look fine as long as it's not some outrageous colour (white, bright colours, fluros, etc). Stick to blacks, browns, greys and navy.

BiancaC

HSC

Numbers are definitely way off. Those figures seem more like those for graduate positions, rather than cadetships. Numbers arent generally a public thing anyway because they can offer as little or as many positions as they like so these figures may always change.

Last edited:

BiancaC

HSC
I still don't know why everyone has such an obsession with how many people applied. If you're good enough and they think you're suitable enough you will get an offer or go far in these application processes.

But basically at this stage there will be no more than circa 60-80 interviews. After this there is a very large cut made (particularly considering Merrill Lynch or any of the others aren't offering this year)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I still don't know why everyone has such an obsession with how many people applied. If you're good enough and they think you're suitable enough you will get an offer or go far in these application processes.

But basically at this stage there will be no more than circa 60-80 interviews. After this there is a very large cut made (particularly considering Merrill Lynch or any of the others aren't offering this year)

That's pretty boss.
Do you work full time and study part time? Because k want to know how it works

BiancaC

HSC
That's pretty boss.
Do you work full time and study part time? Because k want to know how it works
I think I've said a fair bit about this on another post within this thread. At UBS you work full time and study part time for at least the first year or two. However UBS' structure is much different to most say accounting cadetships is that the contract gives UBS total discretion over what to do. It depends on the circumstances around how UBS will use you as an employee so it's varied.

BiancaC

HSC
As I said I'm not going to disclose too much on this actual forum itself but I'm just giving you an idea.

hayhay2012

HSC
I think I've said a fair bit about this on another post within this thread. At UBS you work full time and study part time for at least the first year or two. However UBS' structure is much different to most say accounting cadetships is that the contract gives UBS total discretion over what to do. It depends on the circumstances around how UBS will use you as an employee so it's varied.
But what if you do a double degree at uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)