Ugh.. whats the point?! (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I'm so over school, theres too many expectations. Imean i'm only at some scummy country town high school and i can't even handle it. I've lost all motivation to try.. Everyone around me is expecting me to get the highest UAI in the damn area, i mean how am i supposed to compete with this kind of pressure?! Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get re-motivated?

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
nop i dont believe there is a way to be motivated.....just be focues on ur outcome...my pesonal outcome is to get a good UAI...thats what drives meeeh.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
make a goal list and a letter to yourself to motivate yourself, when you are feeling down and lose track read it.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by _muse_
I'm so over school, theres too many expectations. Imean i'm only at some scummy country town high school and i can't even handle it. I've lost all motivation to try.. Everyone around me is expecting me to get the highest UAI in the damn area, i mean how am i supposed to compete with this kind of pressure?! Does anyone have any ideas on how i can get re-motivated?

Motivation to get out of your "scummy" country town should be enough to make you study, it worked for me :D Think about how 2 years of hard work will allow you to choose your career path and do what you want to do. Don't let living in a country town and going to a crap high school get you down.:)

Sarah_04

Banned
leave school and get a job. That way, ull be motivated, ull hate work, want to go back to school and do the best u can. (go work at mcas- the pays good)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah_04
leave school and get a job. That way, ull be motivated, ull hate work, want to go back to school and do the best u can. (go work at mcas- the pays good)
you are a fucking idiot

Sarah_04

Banned
Originally posted by glycerine
you are a fucking idiot
i am the best person that ever walked this planet man!! how dare u spam like that ! *calls a mod*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
that wasn't spam, that was alterting you to your idiocy.

for muse, truly, motivation comes and goes. in the end, it's up to you to kick your own ass into working.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i am the best person that ever walked this planet man!! how dare u spam like that ! *calls a mod*
likeyou should talk, take a look at your useless ranting abt bbd

Sarah_04

Banned
its not useless; im just saying that she should be the mod of like non0school or entertainment or something, because the only thing shes good for is closing threads down.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
and she is a first year in uni, she has exactly the same amount of stress you and i have anyway. maybe they dont want to become mods, besides mods are based on them volunteering, they need to send in their application. the admins would not have given her the position if they knew she wasnt ready for it.

that's all i got to say!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
its not useless; im just saying that she should be the mod of like non0school or entertainment or something, because the only thing shes good for is closing threads down.
gal u have no idea what you are on abt...

for me, at the beginning i created a bit of a do or die scenario... though later on i realised it is best to take the hsc in small doses, each small step at a time. ie: concentrate on wot ur doing, having the big picture helps, though dont dwell on the complexities or the stress of the future, just take it easi, one step at a time, one assignment at a time, one task at a time and u will get there :p

remember hsc is sooo not scary...... if u fail hsc, there are other avenues to get into ur desired course, :p

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
mate motavation is a word... jus remember that, you dont have 2 be motiavated 2 do well... u jus need 2 no where u want 2 go and how u r goin 2 ger there. if u want it real hard, ull find a way to get there if u dont u wont. i no wot ur saying about presure, i get that sort of stuff from my family 2. i am expected 2 top everything (oh exept english :)). u have to be able 2 jus let itr roll off ur back, forget other ppls expectation and just concentrate on urs...

tanjap

HSC
hey do0d ...take it easy on yourself, itll be cool ;)

i think i have an idea of how your feel!!
my older sister ripped her hsc and got an awesome markk in her uai..now my parents due to their idiotic theory that im somehow smarter than she is, should aim higher! and to tell you the truth i was trying and pushing myself so much, just to be better than my sister and fulfil my parents' vision!!
and then i relised....fuck it..im NOT my sis, IM ME...and towards the end of the year, last year (school certificate) i did MY best and i ended up kicking my sisters butt !! i also achieved a lot more than i thought i could...i guess what im trying to say is do NOT THINK about what people expect of you, have the motivation in yourself to PLEASE yourself, look at it in the way that your the only one who will benefit from this UAI, not those around you.
dont get scared and think what you will be in the future (e.g macas worker or on the dole) and use that as motivation, that aint motivation, thats trying to impell fear on yourself and thats definately not the way to go....
i say ACHIEVE YOUR ALTIMATE BEST SO THAT YOU CAN BE SATISFIED AND IF THAT MEANS 89 UAI IN STEAD OF 99, SO BE IT, THERES WAYS AROUND IT ALL MAN....DONT LET PRESSURE BRING YOUR MOTIVATION DOWN..AND IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY, JUST FORCE YOURSELF A FEW TIMES TO DO YOUR WORK AND ACTUALLY TRY AND GET INTO IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!
nways i know that was as long as an essay...but hope it helps...its proving well for me....GOODLUCK:D

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I know how you feel about the siblings thing. only, I'm the oldest, so instead I have to *set* the standard. it's so sad that I feel threatened occasionally by my six year old sister... when she does the hsc, i'll be well out of uni, but it still bugs me that she's obviously going to be prettier than I am, and that she does stuff better than I did at her age. I need to stop being so competitive and realise that my hsc is now, hers is in 10+ years!

tanjap

HSC
ye, i got 2 younger sisters as well and all i ever get is,
you never knew how to do that at her age, or i have never been so happy with the way shes going, you werent progressing as well as that...i get IT all..it goes away when stop caring!! trust me, just think, ye ok im not her and ill never be her im sure your better at alota more things that she is!! nways..cheer up...theres still room for a smile :D

Kulazzi

HSC
well first my bro got 75, and the my sis got 82 so my parents are probably expecting me to get more b/c as each child does the HSC the marks go up :rolleyes: I'm thinking at least 85 is good enough for me.

Anyways back to motivation......a story.......a girl in my grade was one of those "bludgy" type girls before, now since we've started yr 11, she's being more motivated and she's doing that by writing in the middle of her folder (you know those fat folders....) her aim for her uai, written in red, so each time she opens her folder she sees her aim and works harder now. I will probably do the same thing soon.......anyways, that's the story.

Write encouraging notes and stick them anywhere.....on your book cover, on the wall in your room. on the mirror so each time you'd want to look in ur reflection, u'll read those words......:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)