uh how do u get a job? (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
besides mushy, if you do it with someone else you have to split the money...
oh yeah! never thought of that! :)

but yeah... I spent $30 worth of flowers and I feel sick... knowing I could have used that money for something else

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Lol, back in the days when I had no job I was like that too. Every dollar I had was precious (since I had like no income and had to scab money off dad) and if I bought any crap that I didn't need...I'd regret it, but now that I have a job, I get lots of money so I buy lots of crap I don't need (I still try to restrain myself though as I'm trying to save). Once u get a job mushy you can buy all the flowers u want and not care...it's just getting the job that's the hard bit...

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
If u work at Maccas for a long time (2 years +) I reckon most employers would be impressed, cos Maccas is recognised for heaps good training and crap

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that is true, but i don't think i would want to stand it for that long

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh i work at woolworths and the new thing is to apply online
www.woolworths.com.au
usually you get stuck on checkouts first but you can ask for shifts in other departments and they give it to you.. ive worked in deli, perishables, variety, groceries and bakery.. but checkouts isnt that bad

Fry

Originally posted by psycho_mushy
okie dokie then...

I'm finishing the HSC and haven't ever had a job before...

I wouldn't mind working at cole or woolworths coz I would love to get some money...

Anyway, what I'm asking is that don't have posters going "position available" so when u guys say u got jobs at woolies and coles, how do u actually u know, apply? and what do u need? do u need a resume or anything?

oh one more thing, if u do get elected to a position in coles or woolies, do u have a choice to what to do? I really don't wanna be a check-out-chick it'll be too much pressure!

anyway, please someone tell me! I would love to get a job, but don't have a clue or what I need to do!

steps? :)
i was on the same boat last year (class of '02). i had never had a job before in my life, not even work experience because i was sick the day the school had it. right after i completed my HSC, i went job hunting and eventually found one at Pizza Hut about 6 months later. it was a lot of hardwork looking for a job and i had loads of knockbacks but im very happy now...yay for me! my point is - finding a job is not easy and can take a while but eventually you'll get there, you just gotta be patient.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
go to shops which are relatively quiet, who would not have many people put resumes in, not to the obvious ones where everyone wants to work.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am looking to get a job now too. I have just got my resume together. I don't really care where I work either. These are the kind of things I put in my resume:

1. Where I got my education.
2. Academic achievements (basically nothing except that I have my HSC now)
3. Community services (I made most of these up)
4. Reliability
5. Sporting/ Leisure interests
6. Academic ambitions.
7. Summary

Can anyone suggest to me some other things to include in my resume? Thank you:).

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
yeh i work at woolworths and the new thing is to apply online
www.woolworths.com.au
usually you get stuck on checkouts first but you can ask for shifts in other departments and they give it to you.. ive worked in deli, perishables, variety, groceries and bakery.. but checkouts isnt that bad
yeah thats what i did, i applied lst week, whats the chance they'll even consider u if u apply online, would it be better if i apply in person and hand in my resume

LiLLy_H

Basically if you want to apply for woolies or coles or frankilns, go to the place where you excahnge things and buy cigarettes and ask for an application form. You hand it in to the store and they look through it when they're looking for new employees. You don't need a resume or anything as there are questions in the application asking about that sort of thing.

Also, Woolies is generaly really difficult to get a job as there are so many people applying. I've tried 2 or 3 times.

If you want a job quickly but don't mind relatively low hourly rates I suggest Maccas.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I went in an handed in a bunch of resume's on Tuesday, got 2 calls for interviews this week and attended them both today. I didnt bother with the big stores, coz they get so many applications, i went for the smaller ones. often if u go around big shopping centers places sometimeshave signs up in their windows.
Try the local paper too, often people advertise there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)