*uhum ....... may i ask who's getting pressure from their parents b'cos of HSC? (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
and i repeat.........*erhum how many pple are there who have parents wif high expectations?

Rahul

Dead Member
all the tym...they accept for me to get 95+

i would be happy wid a 90+ mark

they constantly remind me that my whole life depends on the next few months, and when i try to tell them that it isnt the end of the world if i dont get a *good* mark, i get told that i think i know too much. :chainsaw: :mad1:

Twintip

Me to mum in year 8: "What do you reckon I'll get in the HSC"
Mum to me: "I have no idea, 98?"
Me: "Shit, eh?"

Me to mum half way through year 11: "I want 99.5"
Mum to me: "Shit, eh?"

They'll be happy with anything 97+ methinks. Anything less and they'll know I have slackened off. I won't be truly satisfied with anything below 99, even if I don't get 99.6 (and my next pref is 97), I'd still like to see "99.something" on that piece of paper. :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
My parents didnt do the HSC, mum left in like yr 10 and dad i don't know what he did.
I think thats good casue all they want me to do is get a good mark and get into uni, (First in my family to do that, well the ones we talk to anyway), which i know will be really hard but im hoping for the best. But the bad thing is i have no one to really ask when i have a question at home. so thats a bad side of it.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
aarghhh.......they say to me: suffer for only 6 years and you wont suffer for the rest of your life (i dunno.....at least another 50 years????????)..........they say, dont suffer for these 6 years then youll suffer for the rest of your life.
ok, true.................buttttttttt.........i cantttttttttttttttttttttttttt. i might not even live thatttttttttttttt lonnnnnnngggggggggggggg.
*uhhum yeah

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian

ourl law teachers have already told us that usyd is evil and only teach 'black letter' style..

heheh
Of course, those who aren't interested in social justice should really go to USyd...we don't want you self-centred money grubbers around anyway ;)

Lillaila, my parents had rather high expectations too, I got nagged a lot. Especially when they knew assessments were coming up. It got to the point where I just stopped telling them things I knew would make them nervous, because it'd feed back as parents fluttered around in a panic :p.

Uni is much more fun than school though, I looked forward to it all last year and I'm happy now :).

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Since nobody in my family has ever been to Uni, my dad dropped out in year 10, my parents own a pizza shop and my mum won't tell anyone what she got in the HSC, I've got it pretty sweet. My parents don't push me..... however I do!!!! I want to get 96+ and I am trying hard to get it. My parents will be happy as long as I am happy and get a mark that reflects my ability, and gets me into what I want.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah im pressured. not as much though. they know i try 100% and i guess thats all that really matters to them. but i know they want me to get a uai of 99.9% or greater.

Huy

HSC
N/A
i don't really have parents so i'm not all that pressured

but i'm trying to impress a girl so i'm needing to get 95 ish
maybe 96 ... or 69 ... er ... lol

same as tooheyz in some ways

i dont have anyone to talk to at home,
so no one really bugs me
i dont do much either

so i'm not expected to get a certain uai or anything
probably. aimin' for the 90s like anyone else

but i'll be happy with 96 hopefully
nice and even?

:)

Last edited:

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
i used to tell em my marks, in junior high ..... now i hide them.......i have no privacy........i hide my exams in my socks drawers.........n e where, everywhere.......they find it...........i dun have a lock on the door, i put up a sign "do not enter"...........(doesn't work)
I'm sick of life.......i wish i could be 30 or smthng right now......or 90 and dying............the person i hate the most is me, the person i love the most is me. Life sux...............sometimes.......all the time i feel like goin into the kitchen and slitting my wrists...........i wish i could just die right now, i dont care about n e one n e more.......i wont be able to care when im dead, they say the ones who live suffer the most. Not only school but everything else........my stupid parents fight all the time...........and violently........dad used to bash mum when i was a baby...not n e more.......mum chucks things around the house............BUT............N E ONE ..........absolutely everyone from outside looking in will believe were a happy family............we look like it, noone drinks, noone smokes............no drugs, nothing.......no explanation......i wish we had drugs or stuff so we could blame it on smthng but no, ive got my exams and im sitting here writing this. I remember my first memory of them fighting.........i remember each second of it. I have no freedom...........i cant go out, i cant see n e one......theres no way i could find help. Theres no physical love in this family........seeing parents kiss their children.........whatever....ill prolly grow up to be a bitter old lady, or i might not grow up at all...................i dunno y im writing this. I cant call n e up, talk to n e one. They get suspicious if i talk to a guy, look at him whatever.........i know i make them sad.......so im trying so hard, but i know i wont be able to reach their expectations...........i used to go tutoring 10 hrs on sat and sun.....where do they get the money?............my parents dont work...........and i have no knowledge of the outside world. Whats the use of living....."no ure stilla lil girl"..................im 17 already! I'm so scared to dying but i feel that its soooooooo easy to.......n e one i kno who reads this wouldnt blieve its me. Outside im a very happy person, i laugh......i go hypo, what they dun understand is that im hiding it all........atm my world revolves around school, hsc, school........i hate studying, i hate cramming all these stuff...........ive got my physics exam in 3 days and i havent started learning ...........let alone study.......i was raised to be a quiet girl, dont talk back, be polite.......i kno im not this sort of person.............theres a huge gap btwn me and my parents. Tjhey were raised diffrenetly, in a diff country........they dun undertsnad "tennage business" or whatever.........i tell myself...im never gonna do this to MY children.........

Sassasas

yeah parents are shit like that. Mine are teachers so they have high expectations. And im the youngest too, so ive already go the standards set by my sis and 2 bros

Twintip

Originally posted by Asquithian
ooooo someone wants to get into usyd law
I'll be getting in the backdoor after a year of Adv. Science or something else because, given my work ethic of late, 99.6 ain't happening. USyd or UNSW, don't know which one I want to go to yet. USyd would be easier to get to and that's where most people seem to want to go...

bobo123

HSC
my parents kinda insinuate figures without being too explicit
they go we have 3 family friends who did the hsc recently and
they got 99.5, 98.6 and 98.5 respectively

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Twintip
I'll be getting in the backdoor after a year of Adv. Science or something else because, given my work ethic of late, 99.6 ain't happening
I wouldn't give up so quickly if I were you :). You could end up putting the hard work off for just one more year - then you'd be under pressure when just about everyone else is relaxed!

bobo123
my parents kinda insinuate figures without being too explicit
they go we have 3 family friends who did the hsc recently and
they got 99.5, 98.6 and 98.5 respectively
I had that, but I looked at it from a different angle. I knew people at school and elsewhere who got 99.5, 99.6 and I thought that if those people could do that, then I could do better :D!

Twintip

Yeah I know you're right Kini Mini. I've got to pull my finger out. I had a very good year 11 so I don't know what's happened to me this year but I am turning it around and I'm getting back into the habit of knowing stuff as it's taught to me (and not learning it just before the exam).

PS: Another reason why I like USyd is they own a lodge at Thredbo. :p USyd Ski Club here I come. :D

Twink

my brother got 99.35 and as such my parents have high expectations of me, a bit of pressure, i gt the speach "so long as you try your best.." and i know i don't but i just can't get into the groove of studying. parents are quite anoying alot of the time. i'm ending up a hermit in my room...except with music:p

still, the continued reminder to study really can piss you off sometimes, particular when i ovehear them talking about it all thinking i'm not around.

oh well...i'll deal with it i gues. (i hope )

m3.4..012

hm...
-____-; Yes I get pressured by my parents!

Either by constant reminders of how my family is full of successful people and giving me money whenever I get a good mark..

It just makes me feel that I owe them.. +_+

Since my sister didn't recieve a great mark they say they're depending on me..

-___-*

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
My parents will have a bitch at me if they see me not doing any work etc. They want a 95+... I think I try hard because it gives me a purpose. I mean a 95+ would make me happy but I don't even know what I want to do when I leave school yet...

smittenkitten

Poopinator
I used to get super pressured by them all the time. They still pressure me but they've realised I'm my own person....so now its doubly worse:p

They're always down my shirt raving on about crap....BTW...this is asian parents...so naturally every second word they mention is about being a pharmacist or a doctor<rolls eyes> Get over it....Anyway....I let them have their rant if it'll make them feel as though their parenting skills are phwoar level. I think....i totally disappoint them:p because I don't try to do anything the way they want it...I'll be damned if I let anyone live through me.

Anyway, yes I'm being pressured...they say it's all for me...but I guess in a way it's for them too....and wtf is with parents and bragging to all their friends that their kids got such and such marks...stfu and stop living through your kids....I despise people who let their parents control them so thoroughly....grrrrrr....LIBERTY PEOPLE:p <end rant>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)