UK jobs (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yo wazzup.

I am heading OS in May, with a month or so in Spain/Portugal with a friend, and then I have to go to the UK to get work because I will be massively pov by this stage.

So has anyone had experience as an Australian getting work in the UK, or getting work there in general? Is it is hard as they reckon it is these days and is London the best place or should i try some of the other cities? Like bar work and stuff wouldn't be too hard to get would it?

I am 18 and have 3 years supermarket work experience (but with manager positions), and a relatively dazzling array of school achievements. And an RSA and First Aid II.

Any advice?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You have no experience working in a bar so... no it won't be easy.
London is a very expensive city. Why do have to go there to get a job, do you have a visa?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Surely the whole point of bar work is you don't need experience? Well i figure the UK is the easiest place to get work because a) English is spoken and b) i have the right to work because of having an Ancestry visa.

louy

HSC
N/A
I would avoid the bar jobs - save that as a last resort.
Look for some office role, even if it is sh!tty ones.

Unless you want to work in hospitality and service industry in the long term

cakeinabox

HSC
Hey,

Heading to the UK soon for a a year maybe two (see how things go). Cant wait. Bring them on!

:)

nbaxter

HSC
Depending on how long you are wanting to stay in the UK and work.
Some schools offer jobs for gappies, with pool qualifications, like you said you had.
Monitoring kids swimming, doing a bit of grounds work etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)