Um...I have a silly question to ask (1 Viewer)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Say that my degree need at least 4 yr to complete...can we go anywhere longer than 4 yrs? Coz i wanna do a EURO language either in a certificate or diploma one. So I'm not sure if there's any time restrictions...but I don't see the reason why uni don't wanna make money outa students :p

Plus, how many units can we take in Summer vacation? Im thinking bout doing 2 over the SV...but seems quite impossible with the dates n it cost pretty much double the normal local charge and have to be paid upfront???

Another question, is there any winter vacation? Coz i saw that word pop up on the handbook but have no idea what tat's about.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I think they give you ten years to complete your degree.

Not sure if there are restrictions on summer vacations but I think your allowed to do only 2 per summer.

There is Winter school but not offered at Macquarie and its limited to certain subjects elsewhere.

Edt: {spel1ng

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
bscienceboi said:
I think they give you then years to complete your degree.

Not sure if there are restrictions on summer vacations but I think your allowed to do only 2 per summer.

There is Winter school but not offered at Macquarie and its limited to certain subjects elsewhere.
do u mean they set a certain number of yrs to complete a double degree? Like mine, they give 4yrs to complete...but I'm thinking about doing a certificate in euro language...Or, say if i finish it in 4yrs (my double degree) and i wanna do a degree in euro language, i just have to apply again separately?

X

xeuyrawp

Sweet_Lemon said:
Say that my degree need at least 4 yr to complete...can we go anywhere longer than 4 yrs? Coz i wanna do a EURO language either in a certificate or diploma one. So I'm not sure if there's any time restrictions...but I don't see the reason why uni don't wanna make money outa students :p
The time limit is set out in the handbook's undergrad rules somewhere, but if you take concurrent degrees, that limit is increased to take into account your two degrees.

I believe that a 3 year degree student has 5 years to complete a degree, with 10 years part time, but I'd double check, but remember your degree is 4 years and you're going to do a concurrent degree.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
im given about 4 yrs pending course review..

but generalli its up to 10 yrs to complete it..

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
If they give 5 yrs for a double degree...then hopefully i wil be able to finish the units that i want to do...
So now, i'm doing this 4yr double degree...but say i plus on this euro beginner language course and going on an exchange to gain that 100pts for the GLP program.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They set out degree limits ? I hope not :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The "4 year degree" is a typical minimum time to gain your degree. (Hypothetically, you might be able to finish in 3.5 years if you overload or take summer school.) So you can take almost as long as you want to finish your double degree, although everyone has pointed out you have a ten year limit.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh good, thought the 5 year thing was really fucked, since i know people who had taken 7 years to do B Arts

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ten years is a long time. Think of it this way: a typical 3 year degree requires

3 [years] * 2 [semesters] * 4 [subjects per sem] = 24 subjects

(assuming they are all 3 credit points). If you taken 2.4 subjects (or 7.2 credit points) a year, you can get your degree in ten years. Now that's 1.2 subjects (or 3.6 credit points) a semester. :D

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
ah....cool...then i can do some language course....YEH~~ no need for summer school...cost too much :p

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeah im in a sorta similar situation. Originally i was doin a B.Commerce, which gave u a lot of free credit pts, so i took up Chinese. But now i've transferred to Com-Mktg, i'm at least a yr behind in my program, & i dun wanna give up doin a language, which is why i'm lookin at the concurrent degree option..

So yeah at this stage i should be out in 4yrs, but if i go exchange ill hav to add on another...

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
oh...going on exchange for 3-4wks only gain 40points for GLP...oops...then have to go on another one for 1 semester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)