um.. we haven't done anything! (1 Viewer)

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
Seven Chinese kidnapped on first day in Iraq
April 12, 2004 - 2:02PM

Seven Chinese men have been kidnapped in central Iraq, China's Xinhua news agency said today, the latest in a spate of hostage-taking in the war-ravaged country.

The abductions yesterday came days before a visit to China by US Vice President Dick Cheney, a key force behind the US-led invasion of Iraq, which China opposed.

The seven entered Iraq via Jordan on Sunday morning and were most probably abducted in Fallujah, west of Baghdad, Xinhua quoted a Chinese diplomat as saying.

Fallujah lies on the main highway from Amman, the capital of Jordan, to Baghdad.

The hostages were all from the coastal province of Fujian, the oldest 49 and the youngest 18, Xinhua said.

It did not say what they were doing in Iraq or why they should have been targeted.

China, regarded as a friend by Iraq's former Baathist government, objected to the US-led invasion of Iraq without UN backing. Beijing pledged $US24 million ($A31.42 million) for rebuilding the country at a donor conference in Madrid last year.

The People's Daily newspaper said today that many Chinese companies which returned to Iraq after the war had stepped up security after a wave of hostage-taking.

Newspapers showed pictures of armed Iraqi security guards on duty at a branch of the China Luzhou Petroleum Co Ltd in Iraq.

A British contractor and eight others held by Iraqi kidnappers were freed yesterday, but the fate of three Japanese and an American captive remained unclear.

Japan has about 550 ground troops in Iraq involved in reconstruction and humanitarian work. China has none.

Xinhua said Al Arabiya TV's correspondent in Fallujah reported he interviewed foreigners released yesterday who said they had met seven Chinese passport holders in captivity.

They were in good health and not handcuffed, Xinhua said.

It gave no further details, but reiterated China's opposition to the invasion and its refusal to send troops "to join the US-led coalition that occupies the war-ravaged country".

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/04/12/1081621881548.html

OMFG.. what did we chinese do? :eek: we opposed the war and these bumbles kidnap us?! :confused:

It's not about the war in Iraq. They want to make a Muslim super state out of the world. They hate you anyway, regardless of your support for the war or no. This is why going to Iraq didn't make us any more at risk of terrorism. You think Osama will suddenly cancel any planned attacks on Germany, just because they were vocal critics of the war in Iraq? Not likely.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
lol they are terrorists , they even capture/torture their own countrymen

-_-

Comrade nathan

HSC
Originally posted by Nick
they hate the fact that you love freedom
AHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes the a breed from the devil

I cant believe people actually believe that lie. Look bush is a idiot that doesn mean you have to be.

Iraq had nothing to do with Al quada with thoose who think otherwise.

DEATH TO BUSH

Originally posted by Comrade nathan
AHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE WRONG BUT I CAN'T PROVIDE ANY SORT OF LOGICAL ARGUMENT EITHER WAY
DEATH TO HOWARD, BUSH, BLAIR AND ANY OTHER WORLD LEADER I KNOW THE NAME OF (not many)
DID I MENTION I HATE AUTHORITY?

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
he clearly hates freedom too, and the fact that you love it

quick ban the name Nathan.. change it to Nation or something

Comrade nathan

HSC
Authority i never mentioned that. What logic was there ever to justify the war in Iraw or that AL queda hate people who love freedom.

This is the type of propaganda that was around in world war and everyother war. IN world war one they were telling yound idiot englismen that the germans were eating there babies.

They told you Iraq had connections with Osama and they hate your love for freedom and you beleive it.

Authority i never mentioned that. What logic was there ever to justify the war in Iraw or that AL queda hate people who love freedom.

They told you Iraq had connections with Osama and they hate your love for freedom and you beleive it.
non sequitur ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nn skw-tr, -tr)
n.
An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Latin nn sequitur, it does not follow : nn, not + sequitur, third person sing. present tense of sequ, to follow.]

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush
non sequitur ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nn skw-tr, -tr)
n.
An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Latin nn sequitur, it does not follow : nn, not + sequitur, third person sing. present tense of sequ, to follow.]
You are very obsessed with your English are you not? Is this not the second time that I have witnessed you correctng other people on their English? Laugh out loud! (Lol) :p

Excatly that describes bush and his cronies perfectly.
What? Bush and his 'cronies' are a statement that do not follow logically from what preceded it? Bush and his 'cronies' are an inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence? :rolleyes:

Technically, I'm not correcting him on his English, just responding to his post using dictionary.com ;)

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Speaking of Bush's English, why is it the man of the most powerful nation in the world can't even speak English properly. According to an arcticle in the Weekend Australian Financial Review, April 3-4, (for those of you wanting to read it) Bush can't even pronounce words properly, and even makes up words.

Bush (the actual president, not the guy above me) uses the made up word, analysation, instead of analysis, pronounces nuclear as nuculer, says subliminate when he means subliminal
and has sentences such as 'I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family'.

I just found it amusing and worrying that the man with his finger on the nuclear button can't even speak properly.

ohne

HSC
Perhaps they have been kidnapped because the PRC does not seem to care about Iraq's future and thus has not sent troops to keep the peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)