um......when does uni start? (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
yea...the only reason i knew it started the 23rd is because i get back from exchange on the 22nd - going to be fun times that first week :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You're going to burn like a nugget in this heat :p

Peartie

HSC
You're going to burn like a nugget in this heat :p
well the annoying thing is germanys dropping back down into negatives for the top temperatur as sydneys going up to 40s...dude im going to be fucked!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha well hopefully by that time the weather may have started to cool off, doubt it, but maybe :p

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
23rd of feb?!:eek:, it is 7th of march for unsw. and 2nd of march of usyd
just remember that feb has 28 days in it, and macquarie has 2-week mid-semester breaks (unlike UTS, UNSW and USYD, which only have 1) and 5-week winter holidays. Also, MQUni has 13 weeks per semester (unlike UNSW, which has moved from 14 to now 12-week semesters).

The downside of all this is that semester 2 classes finish in mid-november, with exams officially ending in very early december , which is ~1-2 weeks later than others

So basically we start a bit earlier, end a bit later, but get decent semester time (13 weeks) with very decent breaks

i prefer this system, because id rather have 12 weeks of summer holidays with more breaks during the uni year, rather than 15 weeks, with a crammed year

tinfoilhat

HSC
good point

im already bored with 12 weeks off... an extra 3 =.= rather have that off during winter when it's not so freaking hot that i dont feel like im on a frying pan everytime i step outside

Peartie

HSC
i get 12 hours off from when i arrive in Australia to when Uni Starts :( yay for the summer holidays :|

mserica

HSC
LOL at Pertie, im in the same situation, i fly back from Hong Kong Business Trip on the 22 Feb... ahhhhh then to work from 8-5.30 then to uni from 6-9 ... going to be cactus the first week for sure!!!

Peartie

HSC
at least the HK time difference isnt that bad - they say one day to get over jet lag per hour of change - thats 10 freakin days for me :(

Undersiege

HSC
well the annoying thing is germanys dropping back down into negatives for the top temperatur as sydneys going up to 40s...dude im going to be fucked!
i think its sleep you have to worry about. I flew from germany to aus 3 weeks ago and was greeted with warmth and i loved it XD.

Peartie

HSC
i think its sleep you have to worry about. I flew from germany to aus 3 weeks ago and was greeted with warmth and i loved it XD.
no im never really that tired for the first day of getting back - i sleep on the plane as normal as possible (time wise)

but the heat fucked me up last time i came back from europe to aus and it wasnt even really that hot when i got back....hopefully it stays cool this year (I heard it was like 18 the other day!?)

*hopeful*

HSC
oh shit

every other year we started in the 1st week of March and or if the 1st was mid-week the last week of feb so i assumed we'd start on the 2nd of March and am going overseas this saturday and come back on the 27th

hahahah serves me right for not double-checking, oh well its only week 1 lectures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)