Umat 2016 (1 Viewer)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Hey everyone,

I have tried looking for threads like these, but had no luck. So i was wondering if anyone had any UMAT Resorces they wouldn't mind sharing :). Also, does anyone recommend any specific books/packages that can assist with UMAT by offering lots of questions and techniques.

Thanks everyone :D

kais

HSC
N/A
Well I wanted to do UMAT but then I changed my mind ...... From what I've heard tutoring for UMAT is crucial. You need to be taught some essential skills to be able to do questions comfortably ( unless you have some sort of natural talent or a solid background in logical reasoning and picking up patterns as well as good analysing skills). I think med entry and matrix are one of the best in that regard. You can also find resources from people who have already done the UMAT or you can simply buy resources from the med entry website, they have some pretty good stuff.

Hope that helped....... Good luck

ST001

HSC
Well I wanted to do UMAT but then I changed my mind ...... From what I've heard tutoring for UMAT is crucial. You need to be taught some essential skills to be able to do questions comfortably ( unless you have some sort of natural talent or a solid background in logical reasoning and picking up patterns as well as good analysing skills). I think med entry and matrix are one of the best in that regard. You can also find resources from people who have already done the UMAT or you can simply buy resources from the med entry website, they have some pretty good stuff.

Hope that helped....... Good luck
And you must be here promoting med entry here right? There are at least 4 other very good organisations in Australia that are much less commercial and more student-focused than them. You should not promote, but advise students to do their research and pick a course suitable for their needs. Cheers.

T-R-O-L-O-L

HSC
Well, avoiding bias, is there a "preferred" source that offers good resources and questions?

ST001

HSC
Well, avoiding bias, is there a "preferred" source that offers good resources and questions?
I do not believe there is a 'preferred' course, i.e. how would you know which course out of all the ones available in Australia gets most satisfied students. e.g. you recommended med entry, but have you done other courses to be able to make that recommendation? maybe they are good, but maybe they are not... I am just speaking from the mixed comments I have seen over many years on different forums and sites, e.g. even on this same forum you can find so many disappointed med entry students who had a bad experience with this prep organisation, as well as the ones that are happy. So what i am trying to say, yes, i agree umat prep is valuable, but there are various courses and resources available on the net to do the training, and students should be able to do their own research and decide which course is good for them, rather than taking it from someone's advice.

T-R-O-L-O-L

HSC
I do not believe there is a 'preferred' course, i.e. how would you know which course out of all the ones available in Australia gets most satisfied students. e.g. you recommended med entry, but have you done other courses to be able to make that recommendation? maybe they are good, but maybe they are not... I am just speaking from the mixed comments I have seen over many years on different forums and sites, e.g. even on this same forum you can find so many disappointed med entry students who had a bad experience with this prep organisation, as well as the ones that are happy. So what i am trying to say, yes, i agree umat prep is valuable, but there are various courses and resources available on the net to do the training, and students should be able to do their own research and decide which course is good for them, rather than taking it from someone's advice.
Thanks, completely agree!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)