UMAT+ATAR- Who got into med 2012 ? (1 Viewer)

Le Bonbon

HSC
i got into the Bachelor of Medicine JMP at UNE

99.6 ATAR
94th percentile UMAT

I think I may have had a poor interview somehow, although I don't see how you can never guess what the interviewers are thinking.

Either way I was very happy to get into Medicine (I wanted to be a neurosurgeon for a long time), but the slightest bit disappointed that I will have to get accomodation and live away from home.
Did you apply for UNSW med? I thought those scores would definitely get an interview there.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Did you apply for UNSW med? I thought those scores would definitely get an interview there.
Oh I got an interview, but the mix of my ATAR/UMAT/Interview was not high enough. But hey, I'm lucky to get into med somewhere, as thats what i really wanted to do :)

delian

HSC
N/A
How do they do that? Just by asking questions?
The interviewers have seen LOTS of interviewees and can to a degree distinguish from those who aren't really into Med, and those who are truly interested.

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
i got into the Bachelor of Medicine JMP at UNE

99.6 ATAR
94th percentile UMAT

I think I may have had a poor interview somehow, although I don't see how you can never guess what the interviewers are thinking.

Either way I was very happy to get into Medicine (I wanted to be a neurosurgeon for a long time), but the slightest bit disappointed that I will have to get accomodation and live away from home.
Dayum man, how could you not get in UNSW with that!! Really, those are epic marks to have for an interview. You must have died during interview :O

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Dayum man, how could you not get in UNSW with that!! Really, those are epic marks to have for an interview. You must have died during interview :O
nah i tend to do well in interviews. maybe it just wasn't my day or maybe its really competitive this year.

Le Bonbon

HSC
Oh I got an interview, but the mix of my ATAR/UMAT/Interview was not high enough. But hey, I'm lucky to get into med somewhere, as thats what i really wanted to do :)
Yeh definitely, getting accepted anywhere is great for med, i really want to do so i don't care where i get in either but hopefully i can do well enough and yeh congrats btw :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Got an offer for Mbbs @ uws. Absolutely stoked :)

beeish

HSC
Uni Grad
I got into UNSW med and my UAI was <99... but not this year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)