UMAT- clarification with the markss/percentiles ect (1 Viewer)

zeezee

HSC
So im doing the UMAT next year, and im a bit confused to how it works
ive been lookin up the ATAR+UMAT combos that UNSW accepts
and so i was wondering, how does one get a score of 66 in the UMAT?

The test is out of something wierd and it gets scaled in someway that i dont understand....
anyone care to explain?
thanks!

mmkardart

Med/Dent Interview Helper
HSC
N/A
When you do the UMAT, you can achieve a maximum "score" of 100 in each of the three sections, and you will receive a "percentile" which indicates how well you went for each section compared to others.

For example, you might get a score of 75 in section I, and percentile-wise you may be ranked 97% - meaning that your score of 75 was better than 97% of the population of UMAT candidates that sat your exam.

Now when you are talking about "overall score" (which UNSW's website is referring to), this is simply the average of the "scores" (not percentile) of the three sections. Again, for this overall score, there is a percentile score which indicates how you went compared to other partcipants.

For example, if your total for the three sections was 180, then your overall score would be 60 and percentile-wise, you may be 90%.

Hope this makes sense man

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
When you do the UMAT, you can achieve a maximum "score" of 100 in each of the three sections, and you will receive a "percentile" which indicates how well you went for each section compared to others.

For example, you might get a score of 75 in section I, and percentile-wise you may be ranked 97% - meaning that your score of 75 was better than 97% of the population of UMAT candidates that sat your exam.

Now when you are talking about "overall score" (which UNSW's website is referring to), this is simply the average of the "scores" (not percentile) of the three sections. Again, for this overall score, there is a percentile score which indicates how you went compared to other partcipants.

For example, if your total for the three sections was 180, then your overall score would be 60 and percentile-wise, you may be 90%.

Hope this makes sense man
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)