Umat Help! (1 Viewer)

popandi22

Banned
HSC
Hi BOSers!

As an aspiring candidate for UMAT next year, I was thinking if someone could assist me with tips and techniques to tackle each type of question. For example: Logical Reasoning, Pick the Middle/Next Option in the Sequence, Understanding People etc... Also, what are some good recommendation for prep courses to buy. I know I'm a bit early but I don't want to do it last minute or preferably in Year 12, I want to be very comfortable with UMAT by the end of this year. Thanks for Reading!

ST001

HSC
Hi BOSers!

As an aspiring candidate for UMAT next year, I was thinking if someone could assist me with tips and techniques to tackle each type of question. For example: Logical Reasoning, Pick the Middle/Next Option in the Sequence, Understanding People etc... Also, what are some good recommendation for prep courses to buy. I know I'm a bit early but I don't want to do it last minute or preferably in Year 12, I want to be very comfortable with UMAT by the end of this year. Thanks for Reading!

Hi popandi22

You are on the right track by planning to do UMAT prep early. Leaving it until Year 12 is not the most favourable option, as any time spent on UMAT prep in Year 12 could have gone towards studying for your school subjects. I have recently been involved with one of the Australian UMAT prep companies in a research project called ‘UMAT - So Where do I Start?’ and the outcome of the project indicated that students who started UMAT prep in year 10 or 11 performed significantly better on the UMAT than year 12 students. Of course there were a lot of variables, and some deviated data in the study, but the statistical data clearly indicated that early UMAT training is required for stronger performance on the day. In regards to your message hoping to get advice from students in this forum, you probably won’t get much.

Getting some tips for the UMAT on forums is probably not the best form of exam training .You need to set yourself up with some solid preparation time and targets to reach, i.e. going through construct theories and methods, practice questions, and time trial tests. In regards to which course to go with, you could other research your own practice (but this might be very time-consuming), or go with a prep company. In Australia there are lots of UMAT trainers, but from research, there is only about 2 which update their materials every year, and provide ongoing support to students through their exam training. Do your research, and choose what's best for you. Good luck!

popandi22

Banned
HSC
What are some good recommendations for for UMAT prep courses? I have been getting mixed reviews about Medentry (Online/Face - Face), ACE HSC and Matrix. A friend's friend was a 100%er in UMAT and recommended the online package of Medentry but I guess it depends on each individual and how they approach a question. So I am getting double minded about what package to buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)