UMAT materials (1 Viewer)

stainmepink

HSC
hey guys,

Since some of us are going to do the UMAT soon, is anyone interested in swapping UMAT papers with me? I currently have 4 practice papers all with solutions. I'm also willing to buy UMAT papers off anybody.

I live in Hurstville and i go to school in the city, so i could meet up pretty easily.

Thanks, and good luck 06s.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pLuvia

What is this UMAT thing? I checked it up
The Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) is a test administered in Australia and New Zealand to help determine who is fit to study and practice medicine, dentistry, physiology or pharmacy. As its name suggests, only those wishing to study undergraduate medicine or health sciences degrees are required to sit the test (mostly school leavers).
Is this required for getting into Medical Courses in university?

stainmepink

HSC
pLuvia said:
What is this UMAT thing? I checked it up

Is this required for getting into Medical Courses in university?

Yeah, like you said .. medicine, dentistry, physiology or pharmacy (but not medical science .. if thats what your thinking)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm not doing it but all the best with the test. ;)

NDSUTHERLAND

HSC
gobaby said:
Since some of us are going to do the UMAT soon, is anyone interested in swapping UMAT papers with me? I currently have 4 practice papers all with solutions. QUOTE]

Where'd you get all the papers from???
I know u can get one of them off the internet on the UMAT site for $16 or something so where'd u get the other 3/4?
Really interested 2 no

stainmepink

HSC
NDSUTHERLAND said:
gobaby said:
Since some of us are going to do the UMAT soon, is anyone interested in swapping UMAT papers with me? I currently have 4 practice papers all with solutions. QUOTE]

Where'd you get all the papers from???
I know u can get one of them off the internet on the UMAT site for $16 or something so where'd u get the other 3/4?
Really interested 2 no
i got mine mainly through connections. I'm quite happy to swap though, the more the better for both of us

Riviet

HSC
N/A
So where did you get your UMAT papers from? Just curious.

香港!

HSC
I might be happy to swap later in the year... cuz I'm gonna sign up for AMEPP and buy the materials there. If anyone applies to a different UMAT prep course and buys the materials maybe we can share:)
hehehe

HSC
What is IN a UMAT paper?

I can't think of a question that they would include.. Is it questions on medicine... ? I have no interest in medicine but i've always wondered what they would include in the test.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
UMAT basically looks at how good people are at logically synthesising information and empathically presenting it to people (so's we have nice doctors). Sample questions include:

Coca Cola contains more sugar than Cottees cordial. But since Schwepps has more sugar than 25% orange juice, it follows that Coca Cola contains more sugar than 25% orange juice.
Any of the following, if introduced into the argument as an additional premise, makes the argument above logically correct EXCEPT:
A) Coca Cola and Schwepps have the same amount of sugar.
B) Cottees cordial has more sugar than Schwepps.
C) Cottees cordial has more sugar than 25% orange juice.
D) Cottees cordial and Schwepps have the same amount of sugar.
E) Schwepps has more sugar than Coca Cola.

(The correct answer is (E)).
You are a receptionist working in a small rural doctor's surgery. It has been a very busy day. There are already six patients who are waiting to see the doctor and they have made appointments. The next appointment is Mrs. Yarra, who comes in with a friend and asks for her friend to be seen by the doctor after her for a check-up. The friend does not have an appointment.

What do you think is the best option?
A) You tell her that the friend will see the doctor once he has attended to the six patients who have been waiting, even if it means that the friend has to wait a while.
B) You tell her that as she does not have an appointment, the doctor can not see her.
C) You tell her that the doctor is all booked out for now, and as all she requires is a check-up you will have to give her the earliest appointment the very next morning.
D) Tell her to not worry and just go home and take an aspirin.

The correct answer is (C).
More info can be found from Icarus.edu's intro to UMAT.

I_F

Godsent

HSC
gobaby said:
hey guys,

Since some of us are going to do the UMAT soon, is anyone interested in swapping UMAT papers with me? I currently have 4 practice papers all with solutions. I'm also willing to buy UMAT papers off anybody.

I live in Hurstville and i go to school in the city, so i could meet up pretty easily.

Thanks, and good luck 06s.
(jesslynn?)

I'm in desperate need of some UMAT papers too. so if anyone has any that they want to sell, (even photocopied) please contact me. I live in sydney, and also go to the school in the city :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)