UMAT Medentry Preparation - platinum vs. Distance (1 Viewer)

future-doctor

HSC
Hey guys, just some quick opinions/advice on Medentry UMAT Preparation packages: is the 2 day workshop really worth the extra money (extra $395, so double)?

Susie2010

HSC
Hey!
I think the best thing about the two day course is that it gives to an indication of where you stand relative to your peers which enables you to determine how much more prep you really do need. Also, if you ended up with a poor score would you be wondering if you could have done better if you had done the full course? You want to maximize your opportunity to do well here because we all know the stakes are high! I'm looking to do the med entry course but seeking two others who want to join me and get the group discount! Would you be interested? Makes it $570. Shoot me an email at susiedwyer@hotmail.com if you're keen...and that goes for anyone else reading this who may be interested too! :)

nottellingu

HSC
Most prep course sessions aren't that great. It's really the material that's going to help you. Some of the sessions are basically just going over/reading the material and if you want to do medicine I'm sure you can handle that!

If you have questions you can ring them up or send an email.

The main issue is finding time to do the material during your hsc or at uni. The latter being much harder!!!

The mock exam can be good practice under exam pressure and they usually give you a precentile compared to all the other students who do it that year. From my experiences these mean nothing at the end of the day. People with low percentiles get 100%tile in the UMAT and vice versa.

I suggest you look at how financially well of you are and go from there.

future-doctor

HSC
Yeh, that's pretty much the main problem the 'money', like i have no financial problems, but like a majority of people letting go of $790 is something you have to think about. If its just the practice papers and stuff you really need might as well just go for the distance package...

future-doctor

HSC
Oh and Susie I would be interested if i do decide to go for the platinum package:D thanks

Dream Meteor

HSC
I agree with you future-doctor. With MedEntry I would go with distance package (I did the platinum, went to the workshop and everything and then regretted it). The workshop at MedEntry is, in my opinion, definitely not as helpful as the small classes offered by Face2Face. And if you want to know where you stand relative to everyone else, Face2Face actually offer a mock trial as well, not included in the 3 x 2 hr lessons.

Why dont you look for two others that will join with you and save $200?

hinalicious

HSC
I would be happy to join in the package aswell

Anyone else know where good Umat tutoring is available

My aunty told me that the students in their school ( James Ruses) go to university of sydney i think, for i think 2 day classes and its like 500-700 $ but I'm pretty sure its worth it. But Ive also heard that face2face is a great place for Umat preparation

Jro13418

HSC
Hi,

I'm looking for a group to join to get the Med Entry discount..... So if there's anyone out there who can help?!?

Ripstop

HSC
I would be happy to join in the package aswell

Anyone else know where good Umat tutoring is available

My aunty told me that the students in their school ( James Ruses) go to university of sydney i think, for i think 2 day classes and its like 500-700 $ but I'm pretty sure its worth it. But Ive also heard that face2face is a great place for Umat preparation
Try this mob - they are ok also - not sure if they are in Syd? give them a call.

talk-umat : UMAT Test, UMAT Prep & Free UMAT help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)