umat/ medicine at Newcastle (1 Viewer)

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Season said:
Newcastle offers have been mailed today for 2008, interstate people should have already have gotten theirs, lowest UMAT I heard was 178
Could someone please clarify when non-interstate applicants receive their interview offers? The admissions officer left at 4:30 and her voice mail is turned off.

(Wow, that sounded incredibly stalker-ish.)

JB27990

HSC
That post was from last year.
As far as I know no offers have been made yet.

Anyone else know?

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
JB27990 said:
That post was from last year.
As far as I know no offers have been made yet.

Anyone else know?
Mine was in my mailbox this morning. :) Looks like they're still using paper.

alannah144

HSC
hey im in year 12 now and reali interested in doing medicine at either newcastle and new england... my career advisor said its heaps hard to get into like 50 out 5000 actually get in so im screwed

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
there's a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting into med:
first is to apply to as many different unis as possible.
the second is to take up a related health course and try again each year.
combining the two increases your chances.

this, of course, all depends on how well you do in UMAT and the interview.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
hey im in year 12 now and reali interested in doing medicine at either newcastle and new england... my career advisor said its heaps hard to get into like 50 out 5000 actually get in so im screwed
Confidence will help you become a good doctor.

NichNich

HSC
:rolleyes:
With the lame Federal Government spamming new medical schools and congesting further the current med schools with more places, its almost impossible NOT to get in...

You just only have to worry about what comes AFTER med school with that many med students looking for training positions... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

freq707

HSC
undergrad med at uncle

how is this uni seen in comparison to other uni's - for hopeful students that is...like would many people put this as first prefence or does everyone usually go more for the sydney uni's?
i dont want to go to sydney at all, coz im at unsw now and travel around 2.5hrs just to get to uni and the same home, so newcastle wuld half that at least!

this is going to be my top preference uni for med, hoping with all my heart that my UMAT marks can get me an interview at least - this will more than anything give me confirmation that my dreams arent ridiculous
but i cant fit in umat prep right now as its exam period, and i havent done anything for like a month with all my assessments and stuff and starting to worry...getting into medicine is literally the only thing i want right now and would just be amazing!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Re: undergrad med at uncle

how is this uni seen in comparison to other uni's - for hopeful students that is...like would many people put this as first prefence or does everyone usually go more for the sydney uni's?
i dont want to go to sydney at all, coz im at unsw now and travel around 2.5hrs just to get to uni and the same home, so newcastle wuld half that at least!

this is going to be my top preference uni for med, hoping with all my heart that my UMAT marks can get me an interview at least - this will more than anything give me confirmation that my dreams arent ridiculous
but i cant fit in umat prep right now as its exam period, and i havent done anything for like a month with all my assessments and stuff and starting to worry...getting into medicine is literally the only thing i want right now and would just be amazing!
Thread merged

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
To put it into perspective, that's the kind of competition in the jobs market for Accounting/Finance Grad Programs of many major Accounting/Finance firms and banks.

The more you know.

Lau93

HSC
N/A
If I can get an ATAR over 99 what sort of umat score would I need? It's section 3 in umat that really scares me!

delian

HSC
N/A
Uni Newcastle focuses more on interview and UMAT than an 99+ ATAR.

greenlander

HSC
Useful info, thanks guys. So, is it interview AND umat score that they decide on, assuming you got an interview at Newcastle, as earlier post suggests? (ie not just interview mark).
Also, does anyone know, if you tick bonded for UON, and get enough marks, you could get a non bonded place?? I have to know what to put as dead line is 5th Dec. I can find what the form is I ticked, only the application with the other info is retrievable. AND, if you got a bonded place at UNSW, and a non bonded place at UON, do you get a choice? ie if you put UNSW first on your UAC form, and got a bonded offer, do they even tell you about your second choice newcastle if you got a non bonded place there? does anyone know? only info I got from ringing the official places was patchy and conflicting and they were reading the same web sit I could see. Any help appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)