Umat Results! (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
Edit: Hmm, I think you should get in touch with amygdalaa usyd Med Sci third year on www.medstudentsonline.com.au/forums she improved her umat score from the 150-160's to the 270's raw.

She spent a year doing solid wide reading, IQ/Mensa booklets, reading the newspapers, making questions up, etc.
Didn't she like spend an entire year on UMAT? As in, nothing else? Not the best way to spend, say year 12.

dp624

HSC
Read: "Med Sci third year".
oops my bad lol.

wait... if she's done medsci third year, why not do gamsat?

also, dyou think medsci would be more free than hsc?
interesting stuff lol

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
oops my bad lol.

interesting stuff lol
More free? How do you mean?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
more time to study/go out etc?
not free as in moneys lol
I've never studied the HSC so I can't really compare the two however I can say that medsci is demanding, ah and no doubt the course content is more complex than the HSC units. Also, if you're aiming for medicine your study load increases dramtically due to the pressure of attempting to gain a high GPA.

This 5.5GPA minimum business is bullshit. You will need atleast 6.0*.

Depends on UMAT results and institution.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
oops my bad lol.

interesting stuff lol
I guess she didn't want to study and sit the for arduous and daunting GAMSAT.

Panakea

HSC
S1: 66 S2: 60 S3: 52 Percentile: 90%

Offers: lol... nothing... my damn enter was too low. But it's fine, I'm going to do the Postgrad way (med).

Umat prep: I went over one set of practice questions, no prep course or help from anyone.

uameliaw

HSC
Does anyone know approximately how many people get accepted into the different unis?

For instance, Monash accept 800 for interviews, how many actually get in from *there though?

Same for UNSW, UWS, UNE

Thanks

ruse09

HSC
Monash accepted around 650 interviews this time. UNSW 350 (first round though)

getintomedicine

HSC
Congratulations to everyone offered interviews. Once again this year I will be offering one-on-one and small group interview training to students within NSW. After six years of training students in interviews, this will be my last year coaching students before I start working as a real doctor in 2010! Please see my website at Medical School Preparation - getintomedicine.com.au for further information, including fees. Note that this interview preparation programme is only open to students who have been offered interviews.

aski-rural

HSC
Are people still posting results?

I don't remember my results in exact sections but i got 55 raw score and a percentile of 75. that's in 2009.

Rejected from UNSW and Monash initially but re-applied rural (RRMA7)

Got an interview with Monsh through the Dean's Rural List and also JCU
UNSW was a late app so don't know yet and still waititng for UWA

ATAR of 98.5 in 2008

I did UMAT training with NIE and i thought they were pretty helpful

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
97 sec 1
42 sec 2
88 sec 3

Wasn't too disapointed to be honest. I knew I would do terribly in section 2. There's always next year but I think I'm done with the idea of studying Medicine; I lost interest a long time ago.

Good luck to all.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
im assuming those are percentiles? if they were raw then its one of the highest ive seen.

Section 1: 91

Sorry, but still high, I agree. Yet there I was with only 2 offers? One of the interviews turned into an argument. Oh man, listen, it was hilarious. One asked about meeting the standards so that patients are satisfied with their treatment. I asked polity, what standards exactly? They smirked and said, if you don't know that, well... (Yes, there was a long pause). I blew up and said, the way in which we fix the system is by tearing it down, screen all current staff, and restructure it - "That would include you sir considering you're a doctor, aren't you?", "Yes, a general practitioner" rolled off his tongue in a manner where he thinks I'd give a frak. After that I give blunt answers with little to no enthusiasm. The fag was a racist. I'm white, and so was he, but I could smell that pricks ego a mile away. There was one fat pig at the start of the interview where he entered and the first thing he said was, "Oh My, finally an Aussie in the mix" followed by a laf. Then a lady followed and apologised for not being in the room. Anyway, the way in which he was treating her during the interview (And yes, I've considered the idea of role play) was not only out of protocol, it caused my head to run wild. Sweat was pissing out of me and all I wanted to do was jump the table and belt that fatarse frak with the chair I was sarcastically smirking in. I concluded that they successfully weeded out the weak in regards to my application but even if, I still cannot tolerate that sort of behavior of superiority therefore I'm thinking of entering into the drug trade. BTW she was a member of the public and I doubt the pay was great considering the campus.

In all seriousness, you can have your medicine because me, I'd hate to be in a place surrounded by such morons I met on the day of the interview. Stuck up pricks made me lafs all the way home on the plane. And if you think it's only 1 individual, think again. The entire system is filled with incompetent jerkoffs who don't know their right from left. Fat suited men with bad odor who invite you into their circle of surgical nits who giggle over the grotesque weight of their last patient. I was in hospital the other week and guess what, it's a fucking hell hole! So please do us all a favour and enter the system honest, and stay that way. Additionally don't toss the Hippocratic oath like most of our doctors have and if try to deny it you're on a road to moral brutality.

Fraksake,

Bacilli

nottellingu

HSC
Section 1: 91

Sorry, but still high, I agree. Yet there I was with only 2 offers? One of the interviews turned into an argument. Oh man, listen, it was hilarious. One asked about meeting the standards so that patients are satisfied with their treatment. I asked polity, what standards exactly? They smirked and said, if you don't know that, well... (Yes, there was a long pause). I blew up and said, the way in which we fix the system is by tearing it down, screen all current staff, and restructure it - "That would include you sir considering you're a doctor, aren't you?", "Yes, a general practitioner" rolled off his tongue in a manner where he thinks I'd give a frak. After that I give blunt answers with little to no enthusiasm. The fag was a racist. I'm white, and so was he, but I could smell that pricks ego a mile away. There was one fat pig at the start of the interview where he entered and the first thing he said was, "Oh My, finally an Aussie in the mix" followed by a laf. Then a lady followed and apologised for not being in the room. Anyway, the way in which he was treating her during the interview (And yes, I've considered the idea of role play) was not only out of protocol, it caused my head to run wild. Sweat was pissing out of me and all I wanted to do was jump the table and belt that fatarse frak with the chair I was sarcastically smirking in. I concluded that they successfully weeded out the weak in regards to my application but even if, I still cannot tolerate that sort of behavior of superiority therefore I'm thinking of entering into the drug trade. BTW she was a member of the public and I doubt the pay was great considering the campus.

In all seriousness, you can have your medicine because me, I'd hate to be in a place surrounded by such morons I met on the day of the interview. Stuck up pricks made me lafs all the way home on the plane. And if you think it's only 1 individual, think again. The entire system is filled with incompetent jerkoffs who don't know their right from left. Fat suited men with bad odor who invite you into their circle of surgical nits who giggle over the grotesque weight of their last patient. I was in hospital the other week and guess what, it's a fucking hell hole! So please do us all a favour and enter the system honest, and stay that way. Additionally don't toss the Hippocratic oath like most of our doctors have and if try to deny it you're on a road to moral brutality.

Fraksake,

Bacilli
Where was this interview at?

You certainly had an interesting interview there :D
Probably best not to argue with the interviewers when you are trying to impress them :hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)