umat S3 (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I never crammed.

Honestly, cramming is what you do when you need to retain a large volume of information for a short term yield (ie a few hours). It DOES NOT WORK for the UMAT - there IS no information that you can cram.

If you haven't been practicing until three days before, then the benefits of those three days will be minimal. Granted, they'll be a lot better than nothing, but it would be FAR more effective to sleep and eat well, and stay relaxed.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i concur... just chill and answer well.... empty ure bladder n bowel..
Btw wireless at the airport is fast

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
stargaze said:
can anyone whose done it explain section 3, q48?
ie.. whats going on exactly?
Okay. Firstly, can you see the dots, which form a right angle? This 'right angle' of dots is rotating anti clockwise. So that leaves you B, C, E - as possible answers. Now it gets interesting.
The basic roation of the shapes around the squares is clockwise. Each time a rotation occurs, one of the smaller shapes stays behind for another rotation. In the first case it is the circle. You can see how in the following sequence - it is still there. In the next case, it is the square, that stays behind.
Can you see how this is also following a clockwise progression? - i.e. top left corner, top right corner - so the next one is the bottom right. That means the bottom right circle stays behind, and the rest rotate - so you get C.
Hopefully that helps you - I found this to be the most difficult one as well.

EDIT: The other way to distinguish between B, C and E. Is to look closely what happens with the shapes. E is rotating anticlockwise - so you can rule that out. B rotates, but unlike the first three, doesn't leave a shape behind. So C must be it. This might help if it's harder to find exactly which shape changes, stays, etc.

Last edited:

stargaze

HSC
petar13 said:
Okay. Firstly, can you see the dots, which form a right angle? This 'right angle' of dots is rotating anti clockwise. So that leaves you B, C, E - as possible answers. Now it gets interesting.
The basic roation of the shapes around the squares is clockwise. Each time a rotation occurs, one of the smaller shapes stays behind for another rotation. In the first case it is the circle. You can see how in the following sequence - it is still there. In the next case, it is the square, that stays behind.
Can you see how this is also following a clockwise progression? - i.e. top left corner, top right corner - so the next one is the bottom right. That means the bottom right circle stays behind, and the rest rotate - so you get C.
Hopefully that helps you - I found this to be the most difficult one as well.

EDIT: The other way to distinguish between B, C and E. Is to look closely what happens with the shapes. E is rotating anticlockwise - so you can rule that out. B rotates, but unlike the first three, doesn't leave a shape behind. So C must be it. This might help if it's harder to find exactly which shape changes, stays, etc.
wow icic, thats quite a lot to consider
thanks

tech.knockout

HSC
stargaze said:
wow icic, thats quite a lot to consider
thanks
The rotating dots is easy to spot. Regarding the shapes, theres a simpler method I devised. Every second step each shape jumps to the position diagonal to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)