UMAT SCORE 300, UAI 100/ ENTER 99.95-which uni wuld u choose (1 Viewer)

ajx

HSC
N/A
aussiechica7 said:
Monash: Monash there is no minimum UAI. UMAT PERCENTILES are about 240 for interviews, and much lower scores if on the dean's rural list. No one knows exactly how each section of the process is counted. Used to be 50% interview, and 25% each for UAI and UMAT, but changed for this year so that interview counted for just a little bit less, but they didn't release weightings.

http://www.medstudentsonline.com/forums/how-to-get-into-aus-undergrad-med-schools-topic1806.html

re: 100m... means $100 million worth of scholarships
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21569351-661,00.html
http://www.medicine.unimelb.edu.au/melbourne_model/index.html
someone knows what they are talking about:)

un 1

HSC
N/A
un said:
Hey, now that i decided i would like to do med at monash, does anyone here know about the entry requirements in terms of UMAT score and ENTER marks(i know interview counts.)
Say you get 95 and umat 220 raw can you get in?
Does it make a difference, say you get 99.95(not me) can you get in with a 150 umat?
Anyone know the cutoffs?plz
There no longer using percentiles monash, i think they just add up raw scores, but i don't know what scores,its not on their website.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Actually UWS seems interesting in the way that it focuses less on theory. Monash is getting highly competitive from next year on.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Yeh, the only prob is that monash is going to become ReALLY difficult to get into from my cohort onwards, thanks to Umelb's scheme!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
see i think that u missed the point of medicine..

u SHOULD be learning outside the coursework.. like i goto clinics.. and i write down my daily learning issues.. and i go home and research them.. u dun get taught in medicine.. u learn to study..

and we learn by doing.. so get cracking and get sh*t done..

i love how ppl expect a syllabus.. there is no syllabus in life.. u just learn everything u can get ure hands on to

lifturnameup

HSC
wow:rofl:
so wat if i reaally sck in science.. wiill i do well doing med... also 1 lecture about biochem......how much home time is required?

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
You probably won't get in... seeing as maths/sci are pretty much necessary to get the ter/uai req'd.

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
I dont know how to answer that. Med has a lot of science components incorporated. UAI wise, you don't have to kill science to get a massive UAI.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
LottoX said:
Not really. You can do really well without doing (relatively) well in Maths or Science, but it's best if you do some kind of Science (Biology, Chemistry?) so as to allow you to understand some concepts in Medicine a bit better. Plus if you're sick of Science, do you really think you'll like Medicine?
twas in jest. But the scaling helps kick up that ter... which helps getting in, no?

jane smith

HSC
which uni would u choose/

Man dats an easy one! (unlike actually getting the marks)

USyd- B Arts (Adv) (Hon)/B Med/B Surgery
the tri-degree is 99.95 and is on a full scholarship i think.

basically they'll ask u

o well i can dream :sleep:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hahaha technically MBBS is a single degree program :p
not double.. cos u cant do them separately

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hahaha yeah if ure sick at science and maths ... medicine is a poor choice..

sometimes ure decisions fly in the face of all reason and statistical understanding

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I would choose uws
mainly because I live less then 20 mins away, and I've heard good things from uws students in regards to the quality of teaching at med/campbelltown campus.

my last option would be usyd, no usyd...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
LottoX said:
You could do a quad-degree at UNSW (taking 7.5 years) of BA/BSc (Med) Hons/BMed/BSurg if you're really that interested in overloading on degrees.
You can actually do the above in 7 years (as I am doing with BA (hons)/MBBS)... factor in ILP exemption and the structure would be:

Phase 1... Phase 2 coursework (year 3, into summer of year 4)... 48cp arts in 4th year... Honours of some description 5th year... phase 2

And voila! Seven year degree.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
u can do the MBBS/BMedSc(Hons) in 6 yrs in adelaide.. if ure crazy :) or dun sleep.. or both :p

u can make ure own programs up.. like BMaths/MBBS if u wanted.. but only if the other degree is 3 yrs long.. and few Cred pts.. or u can graduate... thature choices.. most ppl do extra-curricular work.. cos the extra degree isnt worth much in the scheme of things.. i plan to do a masters.. its short..postgrad.. and well cheaper..

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Kieran --> tall blonde dude (relatively rare breed in med... I'm not too hard to spot!) in college C. I made an announcement at mondays lecture about the MSAP launch night (that I just got home from). It was a quality event: great inspirational/interesting speakers, including Rowan Gillies (Aussie surgeon and previous international head of MSF).

aussiechica7

HSC
kieran, i always pictured u looking a bit like your avatar. i'm a bit disappointed that you're blonde, to be honest :p i bet u don't even have the star glasses, either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)