Umat (1 Viewer)

rodie

HSC
hey,
just wondering if any1 knows if medentry is better or face to face is better for the umat prep courses????????????

aussiechica7

HSC
medentry is excellent.

i have no comment on f2f b/c idk anyone who has taken it.

if u wanna b hardcore, take both :p

xxJTxx

HSC
wth is face to face?

i do medentry. its fine. its actually really good. good value for money.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
xxJTxx said:
wth is face to face?

i do medentry. its fine. its actually really good. good value for money.
Good value for money eh? How much do these companies charge for a few booklets which cost no more than $3.00 to print off, $999.00? They take advantage of you kids who so desperately seek admission into medical school.

FUCKING SUCKER.

if you can't understand the sample questions on the acer site, then maybe you're far to incoherent to study medicine.

Last edited:

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
lol. I think the problem is that on the acer site, there's about 10 qs, and if you buy their two booklets, you have 110.

***So, what I was trying to say, and failed miserably at, was that perhaps having done those extra questions/gain some confidence/familiarity/whatever is worth it?

Last edited:

xxJTxx

HSC
s-AINT said:
Good value for money eh? How much do these companies charge for a few booklets which cost no more than $3.00 to print off, $999.00? They take advantage of you kids who so desperately seek admission into medical school.
Acutally...they don't even print off on MedEntry ;) It's ALL online :p :p

But...obviously they are going to make a huge profit (what tutoring service of some kind doesn't? the market for students is HUGE). Still gotta think about the cost associated with keeping their server up, the people that have to mantain the server, their staff etc etc. not to mention...its not just a 'few booklets' its thousands of questions that would have taken forever to compile/pioneer...where else would you get practice?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
For examinations such as UMAT, you would get" your preparation by reading different sorts of material, with minimal correlation between contexts, and genres. So, subscribe to The New Journal of Medicine, subscribe to New Scientist magazine, and in other subscription. Alternatively, you can download these journals from torrent sites such as www.demonoid.com. So my advice would be, read everything you see, but also, understand what you're reading and question the contents of the text.

CRITICAL THINKING SKILL ARE ESSENTIAL, IT'S THE ONLY NEUROLOGICAL WEAPON REQUIRED TO BEAT THE UMAT, THEREFORE MEMORY IS NOT REQUIRED. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

These $999.00 courses are useless.

xxJTxx

HSC
I don't understand how you can blatantly say that a prep course is useless.

I guess oyu have your opinion, and I have mine...but certainly what you've just said is a fault in your presentation of your opinion. If your going to read such Journals and question and understand, why wouldn't you just do it via a prep course? It's the same thing, except it's structured to be like the UMAT.

aussiechica7

HSC
umat prep courses cost too much. on the other hand, so does a yr's worth of hecs from a biomedical science degree u don't want b/c your grades were good enough and your umat wasn't.

umat practice = good. swallow your tightassness and just go for it. it helps a lot.

*my opinions only, obviously*

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
xxJTxx said:
I don't understand how you can blatantly say that a prep course is useless.

I guess oyu have your opinion, and I have mine...but certainly what you've just said is a fault in your presentation of your opinion. If your going to read such Journals and question and understand, why wouldn't you just do it via a prep course? It's the same thing, except it's structured to be like the UMAT.
Ok then.

I strongly advise you to widen your preparation material to not only that of a shit-cunt course, but also texts of various sources.

Please, let me be.

xxJTxx

HSC
s-AINT said:
Ok then.

I strongly advise you to widen your preparation material to not only that of a shit-cunt course, but also texts of various sources.

Please, let me be.
Uhh buddy, so that you know these courses are good, they actually recommend you get through all their material and then you go on to do your own critical reading through various sources.

In fact, I was at the workshop (yes, thats right, included in my package i get TWO days of an EXCELLENT workshop that explains EVERYTHING about the UMAT, with a hella lotta other MedEntry students, run by a PRO!) today and the guy recommended that we should also be reading other stuff for Sec I. So yah. And don't go and say "that's cause they know that what they are supplying isn't enuff", cause they are!

Anyway. How do you suppose your going to prepare for section two and section three?

POWER TO MEDENTRY! Lol.

Last edited:

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
Back to the point, I would recommend MedEntry, having heard a lot of good things about it from my friends and am hoping to do a course with them next year.

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
xxJTxx said:
Anyway. How do you suppose your going to prepare for section two and section three?
puzzle books and reading random texts and figuring out what they're saying? It can be done...

whatdoitypehere

HSC
You all sound like the exact type of people who should not, under any circumstances, have the welfare of anyone entrusted to you. I hope that none of you have actually managed to pursue a career in medicine, save perhaps for appointment as a hospital cleaner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)