Umat (2 Viewers)

Camsky

HSC
N/A
Any of the popular ones should do the trick.
Stay away from icarus the guy that runs that place is shifty.
lmaooo
could anyone name any specific one - not too pricey but do a good job
thanks

Dream Meteor

HSC
All the posts in this thread make alot of sense to me. But Im pro-UMAT prep, so I agree with bubbrubb the most. Also wanna add something: UMAT is also about confidence and the right frame of mind. If you have done some online resources and actually had someone who went through the same process a few years ago and succeeded to be there for support and teaching, you are more likely to be confident and it will be much easier to continue focusing in the actual exam and withstand the stress.

Having said that, UMAT preparation is alot more helpful in terms of improving your techniques and accuracy in section 1 and 3, especially 3.

I would definitely recommend Face2Face if you are thinking of something more than just on the online resources. Their tutoring lessons are very helpful in going through each type of questions in each section with you. But if you dont live in Sydney then MedEntry, they've got nice practice exams too.

Camsky

HSC
N/A
All the posts in this thread make alot of sense to me. But Im pro-UMAT prep, so I agree with bubbrubb the most. Also wanna add something: UMAT is also about confidence and the right frame of mind. If you have done some online resources and actually had someone who went through the same process a few years ago and succeeded to be there for support and teaching, you are more likely to be confident and it will be much easier to continue focusing in the actual exam and withstand the stress.

Having said that, UMAT preparation is alot more helpful in terms of improving your techniques and accuracy in section 1 and 3, especially 3.

I would definitely recommend Face2Face if you are thinking of something more than just on the online resources. Their tutoring lessons are very helpful in going through each type of questions in each section with you. But if you dont live in Sydney then MedEntry, they've got nice practice exams too.
thanks for the suggestions....um ive booked with medentry...but not sure how good they are?

Dream Meteor

HSC
thanks for the suggestions....um ive booked with medentry...but not sure how good they are?
Their practice exams and drills are pretty good. The guides are okay, I s'pose. But the actual workshop is REALLY bs. Not worth it, really. If you ever think you need an UMAT tutor (and if you live in Sydney) just PM me. =)

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
theyre okay, i have resources for f2f and medentry and they both have their pros and cons

i find medentry has a wider range of s1 Qs, and a little harder than f2f. in addition, ive hardly seen any Qs in f2f of the calculation type for s1, where you have to roughly calculate figures etc etc

for s2 theyre both about the same, but in my opinion f2f s2 Qs are a little more challenging as theyre much more specific than medentry. that being said, medentry s2 Qs are a little odd at times (but good prep as you get to know the mind state you have to be in to answer s2 Qs more accurately)

s3, medentry are very straight forward, and the patterns some what simpler than f2f, which contain more "difficult" questions as the patterns are more complex (and sometimes incomprehensible)

in the end theyre both about the same, it just comes down to preference for viewing ebooks or being able to print Qs out

oh and advantage of medentry: more practice Qs (in the drills) than f2f

*edit* agree with Dream Meteor, ive heard the seminar is total bs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)