Umm...bonus UAI marks? (1 Viewer)

Thowra

HSC
Okay, a couple of people in my VA class said that if you get band 6 in art you get 5 extra UAI marks. Sounds rather absurd, but our teacher mentioned something along those lines. Sounds too good to be true...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Okay, a couple of people in my VA class said that if you get band 6 in art you get 5 extra UAI marks. Sounds rather absurd, but our teacher mentioned something along those lines. Sounds too good to be true...

um, no...

LinzyHodge

HSC
If you wanna go to UNSW, and do certain art-related degrees at the College of Fine Arts, then yeah, if you get a band 6 you can get 3 extra bonus points. Counts for other subjects deemed related to the course too, for a max of 5 bonus points.

Have a look here:
UNSW HSC Plus 2009

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
If you wanna go to UNSW, and do certain art-related degrees at the College of Fine Arts, then yeah, if you get a band 6 you can get 3 extra bonus points. Counts for other subjects deemed related to the course too, for a max of 5 bonus points.

Have a look here:
UNSW HSC Plus 2009

Just to add to that for the OPs sake, please note that these bonus points are NOT 'extra UAI marks'. They only apply exclusively to a select few courses at certain universities (such as those mentioned above).

Eg: Say you got a band 6 in visual arts and wanted to do computer science at UNSW, you would not receive any bonus points.

Thowra

HSC

Have a look here:
UNSW HSC Plus 2009
Ar, I see....

lindax

HSC
i will let you know I am getting speacial provisions and will be resiving up to 10 extra marks...............but that VA thing does sound a bit odd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)